Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Grizzly277: Never Again

Never Again

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

My Wife and I have sailed with Royal Caribbean twice before and had a wonderful time.we sailed on The Adventure of the Seas on 13th October for14 nights to France Spain and Portugal.Things have changed ,they are cutting back on a lot of things.We had lovely big Stateroom but no Toiletries provided any more,Bed was very hard and uncomfortable.They used to have wonderfull Guest lectures all thru cruise but none now,Our daytime entertainment was Bingo,Throwing Bean Bags and Inane Quizes ,Best entertainment was Rob and Drew on TV First thing in morning. Meals.Breakfast they couldn't muck about but Lunch in the Windjammer consisted of mainly the same things everyday,they had chicken and pork done in 3 different ways plus a lot of Vegittarean curries.

The meals in Strauss Restaurant were tastless and cold.I had Food Poisoning on day 4 Id ordered a Lasagne,when it turned up it was 5 slices of Pasta with a heap of plain mince next to it,no cheese on top and no Tomatoe flavour,I More took 2 fork fulls and could taste nothing but extremely strong saly,I cannot use salt,I sent it back and then had Pork Slices Ispent the next 3/4 daysand nights being sick and having Diahorrea,missed trips ashore because I needed to be near a toilet.Head waited advised me one night They would cook anything I liked not on Menu.I ordeed Beef Curry,It was cold and Tastless and out of 6 pieces of meat 4 1/2 were pure gristle/fat. Iwalked out of Restaurant 4 timesand each time Head Waiter came to us in the Windjammer and begged us to come back,Then he added would we give him a Excellent rating at end of Cruise or else he wouldn't get paid.Hote lManager arranged meeting with us after12 days and took all of my complaints then invited us to The Portofino Restaurantasa gust were we actually had a Fantastic meal with wine,I could go on and on but suffice to say my Wife and Iwill never sail with Royal Carribbean again,all they are interested in is getting your money,I almost for got to say there was a continual stench of sewage when walking on Deck 4 Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>