Ventura Cruise Review by bailey59: Great cruise with P&O

Great cruise with P&O

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

I was a bit dubious about P&O as I thought it would be older people and all Brits but have just had a great cruise. The ship was modern, spacious with a good selection of bars and restaurants. I couldnt believe there were over 3000 on boar as nowhere seemed crowded. There was some hogging of sunbeds but always somewhere quiet to sit, which suited me more than being round the pool.

Entertainment was mostly excellent, especially the Freddie Mercury tribute. Absolutely fantastic. Theatre shows were good - get there 30 mins before to get a good seat. Sometimes the orchestra seemed to be in a battle with the singers but The Headliners are great singers and dancers. There was something for everyone so not all shows to our taste but we found somewhere else to go.

Could have done with some craft sessions on sea days - scrap boarding or card making. Also no speaker on upcoming ports or history of the region.

Food in the MDRs was excellent. as we had freedom More dining and happy to share there was never any waiting. service was good. Only complaint that wine took a long time to come on some nights and we were into the main course before we got a slurp!

Embarkation and disembarkation were well planned. On in 30 mins and even quicker getting off.

Value of the cruise was stunning as I booked 4 weeks before we sailed.

The ports were all excellent and the weather was unbelievable. Well done P&O for providing free shuttles and free laundrettes. Would have liked free ice cream though.

I can't find anything to complain about, though we heard people grumbling that standards had gone down. This was our first P&O so don't have anything to compare it with. Compared to our 7 previous cruises, it was an excellent standard. Less

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>