Marco Polo Cruise Review by alsy: THE CRUISE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELLED

THE CRUISE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELLED

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: London (Tilbury)

Our cruise to Ghent and Amsterdam should never have left port.All the facilities included in the price were closed except the shows this was claimed because of numerous people touching products ie the card room. The boutiques were open funny that as passengers were handling the products and replacing them on the racks and shelves the same in the shop people were handling bottles of spirits and packets of cigarettes. How this did not constitute a possible health hazard was probably because these were on sale and would have resulted in lost revenue.The shows were excellent again shame the food was not.There was very little choice

As the bistro was closed during the cruise the main restaurant had very little choice and our waiter did not know what had garlic in. We paid £998 for this cruise for 4 nights and that included 3 breakfasts 2 were nearly cold 3 lunches if required 3 dinners each and 3 shows. On requesting a part refund this was dismissed out of hand. My sister More who was on the cruise with us was phoned to explain that the delayed embarkation was due to the ship having one of it's two annual normal deep clean but failed to inform her if passengers were uncomfortable with the situation you could rebook for a different date. We were not informed of this until we had unpacked in our cabins and a letter was in the cabin folder.. The cruise before us suffered a bad norovirus outbreak of at least 50+ cases as was informed to us by a crew member.

With the toilets being closed you had to make a trip back to your cabin if the call arose.

Several crew members claimed the cruise should have been cancelled with the lack of facilities.

The company have now come back to me with a offer of 20% off a future booking for 2014/2015 providing If I book before 31/01/2014.

I think this offer is a joke and I will not be taking up the offer as I will never cruise with this so called cruise company again. Less

Read more Marco Polo cruise reviews >>