Carnival Glory Cruise Review by billanddeb: AWESOME FIRST CRUISE

AWESOME FIRST CRUISE

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Nassau

My husband and I just returned from our very first cruise on the Carnival Glory! It was totally awesome! We had a balcony room, which was bigger than I expected. Everything you need and/or want is right there on the ship. The staff was so polite, courteous, helpful....never a frown! They all seem to LOVE their jobs. The Cruise Director, Matt, was absolutely wonderful. We saw him a lot around the ship and loved the way he was so very involved with the passengers. Everything was very well organized and super clean!! FUN, FUN, FUN! Even though we were probably older than most in this night club, we had a blast....if you like to dance to the music of today, you must hit the White Heat Nightclub. We also enjoyed every single show we went to and every single meal we had. Even though the food was good at the Steakhouse, we would not do that again. Our table was right next to the cooking area, and we had a hard time with our personal conversation because we could hear the staff talking and More kitchen activity going on. Also, it is an extra expense. Another extra expense, but well worth it are the deals offered on certain days in the Fun Shops. I got several beautiful pieces of jewelry for a small price. Just so much to do.....don't forget the Lido Deck Pool....FUN FUN FUN!!! Can't wait til our next cruise!! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Glass Bottom Boat Tour

(4)

This excursion was fun and exciting once we got out to the viewing area. At first we had to wait for the boat to come in and clear off before we could go out, so the boat was NOT ready for us when we arrived. Once on the boat, we rode for about 15 mins before stopping to see some very pretty fish. Then we rode for another 15 mins or so to see sharks! This was interesting....the two young men in charge would put bait on a rope and dangle it off the side of the boat to attract the sharks. Once the shark bit into the bait, the young man would pull the rope AND THE SHARK up out of the water. Talk about a close up look at a shark! We also saw a tug boat that had sunk and reefs, very pretty, and barracudas. The two young men in charge were very nice and informative on some of the buildings and beaches around. I though the excursion would have been longer, but really glad it wasn't because the water was very choppy this day and I had to use my "seaband".

Ardastra Gardens

(3)

The zoo and gardens were nice....not very big. I think kids would enjoy this. The flamingos and peacocks just "hang around". They walk freely with the people and you can get some great pictures. Be careful of the parrots and other birds that are sitting outside of any cages. THEY WILL BITE!!! I would not recommend you holding out your arm/hand thinking they are going to be friendly. There is a fenced in area that you can go into and feed and interact with other birds. Not many animals; very small place; but really cool to see the flamingos and peacocks up close. My husband (53 yrs old) had a great time with one of the parrots who would whistle and rock back and forth with him. Snack bar available for cold drinks.

City Tour

(4)

Drive to Zoo/Gardens gave us a tour of the city. Driver was very nice and gave us lots of information. It was a very hot day (in late October) so the air conditioned bus was nice! Also, on the city tour we stopped at an old fort and a small market. MAKE SURE YOU GET BACK TO THE BUS ON TIME....ONE OF OUR PASSENGERS WAS LEFT!! However, the driver tried to find her and could not. She found some way to the zoo and met up with us.