Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Bodecoa: Best cruise ever - ok, FIRST cruise ever!

Bodecoa
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Best cruise ever - ok, FIRST cruise ever!

Sail Date: October 2013

This was my first cruise so if you're looking for comparisons, I can't help you. I can, however, tell you that I enjoyed the cruise very much. The beds and linens were wonderfully thick, clean and comfy; every nook and cranny on that ship that I came across was clean and polished and the staff was friendly and helpful.

The ship was easy to navigate with plenty of elevators and stairs to get me where I needed to go (once I figured out where everything was). I was concerned before I left that 7 days at sea with a large number of people would get to me and I'd go a bit crazy from all the crowds but I found plenty of places on the ship where I could go and find quiet time when all of the partying and fun were overwhelming me.

There was a variety of entertainment, and bars - something for just about any taste - as well as a great selection of dining options for all hours of the day and night.

I stayed on the 8th floor, balcony - Stateroom 8262 - right near the More atrium elevators and I was very happy with the room/location and noise levels. Some people complain on the forums about noise if you are too close to the elevators, but I really didn't find it inconvenient at all. My room was mid-fore and on the port side and I think it was perfectly located for the ports we went to. I watched from my balcony as the island of Half Moon Cay came into view, as well at St. Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and Grand Turk and got wonderful pictures from there as we docked.

Embarkation/Debarkation were a LOT quicker than I expected but, OH!, one thing: I purchased the "Faster to the Fun" which gave me VIP status for embarking/tendering and debarking and I would DEFINITELY do it again! It wasn't always needed because they were very organized and efficient but on those times when it did, it was awesome. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>