Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by ImPcJunky

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by ImPcJunky
Majesty of the Seas
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas
Miami: We stayed at Holiday Inn Port next to Bayside. It is Clean and close to all the fun of Bayside. Not a fancy hotel, but very clean. We did Hard Rock, Bubba Gumps, and shopped. We also did some relaxing from our Long flight from Washington ( the State ). This Hotel has a real plus, it has self service laundry. We did b2b cruises so this worked out great for me. Embarkment: at 11:15 the security let us start going to get seapass cards. and was placing Diamond & Plat's to area for boarding first. Just as I was heading to area, they got the ok to let us board. I was just right there, and was the first to be on board the Majesty. They told me, Welcome aboard, your the first on the ship... I replied.. " Did I win ? " lol..

Our Cruise Critic group was great. Now remember we not able for a M&M by Rccl being only a 4nt'r. But we had Three M&M's. All set by our group. The first was planned for sailaway. It was fun.. and we were off to sea as a group. The second was planned for breakfast at 9:00 am, the next morning. This did not work out too well. As we used the main dining for this meeting. And they would not let us all sit together if we did not have the group all together at the moment. So please if you plan this.. Use Windjammer area.. Then our Third M&M was set up by Nancy and Rccl. She was great about getting the strings pulled with Rccl and Rccl even gave us a big sheet cake and juices. We had about 35 at our Non M&M .... and we shared our real names and and we had a blast during the whole cruise.

We did Atlantis Casino again but we used the water taxi. If you are able to walk about one mile and enjoy walking this is good way to save a few dollars for the slots. But for me I'll be using the taxi service from now on.

Coco Cay, was wonderful. Hot but wonderful. What a great way to enjoy a beach day free. We did not eat, but everyone who did, said the food was really good.

Key West, Oh my, Key West. It was a nice hot morning, and we booked the Conch Train for 1:30 pm. We did breakfast on ship and took our time getting off the ship. Then we did a small walk to where we board the train. But in our case they boarded us on a trolley. Not enough booked to use the train. I so wanted the train. Then we were off to see the sites of Key West by Trolly. Then the rain.. Oh yes, it rained about 30 mins and the streets where getting water up to the curbs. The windows of the trolly were fogging up, as they do not have defrosters on it. So the driver has to keep wiping the windows to see where he was driving. This was kinda funny. Then a gentleman who had a seat close to the front of the trolly began wiping the windows for the trolly driver to keep going. The water was getting higher and higher. Soon it was about 10 to 12 inches high. I was afraid the trolly would get water logged and we would be walking the whole town of Key West back to the ship. But the Trolly chugged thru the water okay. Then we pasted the Parrot Heads at Margaritaville. They was a lot of them having a blast even in the rain. We finally got to a high spot and the driver let us out to walk to ship. Tommy Cruiser had been there before and know a short cut, and we all followed him back to ship, wading in the water. There were some swimming in the water it was that high. Getting back to ship and hot shower was my plan.

Halloween: It was the only formal night on the ship. And it was formal or Halloween costumes. Our table planned to do Halloween costumes. We picked a theme, Roaring 20's. Flapper dresses for the ladies, and Gangsters for the men. It was great. Bunti Ray Rocky Lanny & I, we all were great looking that night. Too fun.. Others did Penguins, and witches, and devils, and some were even funny. One couple both did Playboy Bunny outfits.. Yes you read that right.. Both Wife and Hubby dressed like Playboy bunnies. IT was a hoot..

Our cabin was really big and nice, and the price keep dropping and we kept saving. This does not happen very often, but was happy it did.. The ship is even nicer then her sister ship Monarch. The dining room is much brighter then Monarch. Majesty does have some bruises here and there, but they are going to over haul her in January I believe. And they were bring the new beds on board the day we were getting off her. If you have a chance to get a S.O. cabin. go for it.. They are nicer than just a inside and only penny's more. Getting off the ship was a real breeze also.. Guess about 10 of us, was smiling on this disbarkment. As we were going to Miami for two nights again and then Board the Freedom of the Seas. for a 7 nt'R. That was why we were all smiles. All in All everyone and everything was just picture perfect for us...

Publication Date: 11/16/06