Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by GCPlate: Breakaway - first trip on a NCL ship

GCPlate
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Breakaway - first trip on a NCL ship

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

It was great to leave out of a NYC port and not take a plane...saved so much time.

The Breakaway is a great cruise ship - enjoyed all the amenities, entertainment, the courteous staff and the food was delicious and plentiful - had all fine dining experiences.

Great cabin - try to book 13-870...very room with balcony...Joselito was our houskeeper. This cabin is AFT and we only had to go 2 levels up or down to get to Garden Cafe or Manhattan Room.

Loved Bermuda...had the privilege of playing golf at the Riddle Bay (was really booked for Port Royal but they were preparing for the PGA)

Dislikes:

Too much smoke in the casino areas - since the casinos are on 2 open floors the smoke filters out into the public areas - the exhaust ventilation seems not to exist - had to change and shower twice daily even though I can tolerate some smoke - this would be an issue for someone who is truly allergic to smoke or an ex-smoker. I couldn't play too long in More the casino.

Since the casinos and gift shop are closed during port stay, I thought the areas would have been refreshed..instead it smelled like stale cigarettes.

No chapel or quiet meeting area - A mass was offered on the last night - over 100 people were crowded into a meeting room that held only 40 and the rest stood in a narrow, hot hallway near the Atrium. Service was disrupted by the noise and guests/staff using hallway to get to the Library, etc. I don't get seasick...but did this time after standing for one hour in the hallway rocking back and forth. Ruined my last night on board...missed the Ice Bar and a wonderful dinner (actually got sick at the restaurant...was embarrassing and humiliating).

Still, the Breakaway is a great ship and I truly enjoyed my whole trip until the last night. Will I go on it again...probably...because of Bermuda. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>