Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Connie.bearden: Northeast Fall Foliage Cruise

Connie.bearden
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Canada & New England Cruises

Northeast Fall Foliage Cruise

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook)

This is the first time I have posted a cruise critique but I just have to. This cruise was fabulous in every way. There are a lot of complaints posted but I just could not find anything to complain about. First of all, I had read on other postings to be sure to sign up for the chef's table dinner. As soon as we got on the ship (even before we went to our room) we went straight to the customer service desk and signed up for this. The dinner is $95 per person extra and only 12 people a chosen to participate. Let me tell you, it was worth every penny!! The dinner was 18 courses and 5 courses of wine or Champaign. Just don't eat the day that you are planning for the dinner, there is a lot of food!! It was awesome. You get to take a tour of the kitchen and meet the chef, then they start bringing out the food. It is an unforgettable experience and one I would do again!! You get pictures and a signed cook book from the chef at the end of the evening. It lasted about 3 hours and was very good More and entertaining.

The ship was in great shape although someone told us it is soon going into dry dock. I am not sure what they are going to do because it looked great to us. The cruise was completely sold out but the staff was very organized and we never had to wait in line or didn't get to see a show that we wanted to see. I had read that this was a problem but it never was for us.

The ports were so pretty. We have never been to the Northeast and we loved it. Our favorite was Newport, RI. We loved touring the mansions but the town was very nice, clean and quaint. I think we would move there if we had jobs.........I can see why the rich people built their summer houses there. The only excursion I was disappointed in was in Boston. There is a lot of history in that town and I would have liked to look around and do some shopping. The tour we went on was on a bus and never stopped for us to take pictures and by the time we got back to the pier it was time to go. There were no shops close by so no shopping was possible. I was disappointed and would not take the bus tour next time. I would rather get a taxi to the shopping areas and have time to look around.

Overall, the cruise and the overall experience was outstanding and I would highly recommend it!! Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>