Island Princess Cruise Review by maggie: Many disappointing changes

Compare Prices on Island Princess Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Many disappointing changes

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

We decided to celebrate our 43rd anniversary with friends that were first time "Princess Cruisers" and expressed how wonderful their service was as well as entertainment and onboard activities. What happened? Heard many complaints from many passengers expressing the lack of...

We were quite disappointed with the changes. I may be in the "60"+ group but we're not dead!

There was everyday at noon live music for 1 HOUR ONLY, no poolside activities (or if you call chip shooting) an activity for all...I missed something. The miniature golf course was in bad need of either being completely eliminated or in serious repair.

Food was ok for me since i'm not much into rich foods. Our friends thought different, "complete disappointment".

Entertainment, OMG! That was REALLY disappointing, where did Princess get their Comedian/Magician's from? What happened to the great shows, i.e., Circus de Soleli, Broadway, etc.? They may of been on the stage a whole 30 to More maybe 40 minutes. Felt completely rushed. WOW is all I can say.

Excursions were the best.

We've have been a loyal followers of Princess and decided to do this cruise and bring more followers, but, I'm not sure they will return. After the build up telling our friends what great service, food and entertainment, etc. it didn't happen the way we wanted it to. I'm hoping they will try Princess again and hope Princess relooks at these disappointments. Less

Read more Island Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Island Princess Review >>

Can take this out. Poor. Wouldn't let anyone off in Panama and did not explain why until we found out if you did not hold an excursion you could not get off. If we all had known, we may of thought twice about an excursion.