Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by waterbabies7415: Weekend on Sky

Norwegian Sky 5

waterbabies7415
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Weekend on Sky

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas

After cruising with Celebrity a couple times in the past, we wanted to try NCL and the freestyle cruising. We booked a weekend on the Sky as a test. Well, the Sky passed with flying colors. We had an amazing weekend. The food, service and amenities were very good. We had dinner at La Bistro one night and it was worth the extra cost. We purchased the ultimate beverage package reluctantly. We are not big drinkers but after receiving the first tab we did. I added up all the slips when we got home and sure enough not only did the beverage package give us peace of mind while onboard we were actually ahead a few dollars.

The room was spacious and adequate and the balcony added extra natural light and space. Room service brought coffee and rolls/croissants on schedule and was very relaxing on the balcony each morning. Our cabin steward was helpful and left a towl animal each evening.

One stop was Great Stirrup Cay and being from So Fla I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a More beach day. I can see the beach anytime it's the ship I don't get to experience....let me just say I was very glad I went. NCL has put a lot of money into this private island. The beach, food, music and games were so much fun. A great day! Go, you'll enjoy it. You can take your snorkel gear or rent there along with large oversized rafts that looked so fun!

The only bad was that the Sky had just come out of dry dock for 2 weeks prior to our trip and we experienced no power on the one wall in our cabin for the first 24 hours. We had to report it 7 times before it was fixed, but we did receive a bottle of wine for our inconvenience. Guest Services also charged my cell phone while we were at lunch. Which was very nice. Not all work had been completed in dry dock, so there was some light construction going on all weekend, but nothing annoying.

All in all we really did have a wonderful weekend. We came home and booked 2 more cruises. Epic in April and the Getaway in October 2014.

If your in doubt with NCL, try the Sky-we enjoyed it very much Less

Published 10/28/13

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review:

The balcony cabin spoiled us for anything less. The balcony added extra natural light and space.