Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by eviet: Adriatic Sea Cruise with Hubby

Adriatic Sea Cruise with Hubby

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

This was our first time with Celebrity and let me say I was not disappointed!! From start to finish, this was an amazing experience.

Prior to arriving - We requested luggage tags online which were sent out and received within days. So glad we did this as they are the "sticky" kind and hold up much better. I placed them on the handle and stuck one across each luggage.

Embarkation: A breeze, literally. We arrived around Noon and were advised by Staff to take our luggage to area where they would send to our cabin later. You have to do this before check-in.

We were immediately shown where to place our luggage per Deck area. I.e. - Deck 7 Aft. - Our luggage was separated by said area.

We then went to check-in which took all of 5 minutes and were given numbers. We were # 15 and they were on #4. It took an hour between checking the luggage and having our keys in hand to board. :)

Upon entering the ship the Staff was waiting with drinks on hand and More all types of information for their Specialty restaurants so you could reserve if you so desired.

Our rooms were not ready but we were told lunch was waiting :)

Cabins - Awesome. The configuration was very nice. We had a balcony cabin. Though not very big; roomy enough. The bed has a "circular" shape so as to save space around the wall. Very smart.

Nice size TV - lots of lighting.

The Shower was great - with a door! The usual Amenities supplied - except I did not see a razor or toothpaste as Carnival/Princess have. They did have q-tips and cotton balls in a small container like at home. Nice touch. Lots of space for all your toiletries from home.

Closet space for 11 nights is not enough. However there are "overhead" bins above the bed which we did not discover until 3rd night. But it was not a huge issue for us.

Room Service - Great - you actually get a call from the Room Service supervisor to make sure that you received what you ordered and on time. You can also order your items off the Interactive TV Menu if you do not wish to call or leave the tab outside your door for breakfast.

Cabin Steward - Could not praise enough. Always there but not overbearing. We had two attendants. I got pretty sick for a couple of days; due to catching a terrible cold - in addition to one rough sea night. One of the attendants was very concerned and actually found cough drops to sooth my throat. At one point he saw me walking toward the cabin not looking too good and immediately asked if he could help; and took the time to open the cabin door for me. Now that is excellent service. Went over and beyond.

Food - Real food!! Not to knock Carnival/Princess but this was one great experience. The food was awesome. The layout of the Oceanview Cafe was great. It has signs for the type of food you wish to have so you don't have a bunch of passengers "poking over your shoulder" to see what's available. If we were looking for a particular item we'd ask the staff who literally walked out of their station to help us find it. Most of the food we ate was "made to order" All in all, this was a great experience.

Dining Rooms - Due to being ill so many days in a row; we did not eat in our assigned dining room. But did not hear any complaints.

The Shp - Beautiful ship; clean; easy to maneuver. Very nice. I particularly like the "model ship" on each floor which shows where you are at and where everything else is. It also has the floors/decks and what's on them on the wall of the elevators. Therefore, no need to carry the little card around for the info. :)

Entertainment - We did not attend any special venue However, we were highly entertained by the passengers on the Promenade dancing playing general audience trivia and just having fun.

Passengers - Mostly in their 50's - 60's - I.e. lots of "baby boomers" just like us.. Did not encounter rowdy behavior which was a great, great, thing. I don't believe many children were on this cruise being school time. However, saw around 3 small children mostly in the elevator with their parents.

Ports - This was a port extensive itinerary thus the reason we choose it. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

My favorite being Dubrovnik, Croatia. Super clean - Super friendly - just beautiful! And the small beach was amazing. .

There is also a Candy Shop in the main street which sold amazing candy at unbelievable prices!! Needless to say, we brought home lots of goodies.

Your money goes a long way here. It's like 1 USD = 5.5 Kunas depending on exchange rate. They also accept credit cards.

You don't need to buy your tickets with the cruise line for transport (Celebrity charges 12.00 US dollars per person; we paid 9 US r/t for both of us) Very easy bus system. They actually drop you off right where Celebrity drops off their passengers so you won't be lost or confused. Just make sure you buy your tickets at the window r/t because you have to use their currency the Kuna.