Carnival Magic Cruise Review by oscar2005: Great cruise, can't wait to go again

oscar2005
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Bahamas Cruises

Great cruise, can't wait to go again

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Galveston

Just returned from our second cruise on the Magic. Service was great as usual and we had a great time. Embarkation went pretty smoothly. It seemed like the line through security went must faster than usual then we had to wait about half an hour before our zone was called and we were on the ship around noon with the room being ready around 1:00. We ate in the buffet about 3 times, had room service a couple of times, ate all but one meal in the dining room in the evening and had breakfast in the dining room each morning. It seemed like they pushed drinks more than usual in the dining room, even at breakfast. Most of the time we had Ana's team. She was fantastic as were the assistants in Northern Lights. Our balcony room was kept spotless by the amazing Jennie. On the ship we spent most of our time on the balcony or on the decks. We had the two most forward rooms with my sister & her husband in 7210 and we were in 7209. We think next time we would not choose these rooms as in the More evenings several nights the wind was so strong that we could hardly open the balcony door. The pros to the room was that there was a deck in between our rooms which we could get to easily and probably could have taken our chairs over to it and sat out there with more room as there was not much traffic there. Our balcony had a cover over it as I think the bridge was above it so it didn't get too hot. The 5th deck below had about 98% empty loungers all of the time. We took in a few shows in the evening. The magician was amazing, the Carnival dancers were great and the comedy was very entertaining once he got past the lame start of his show. I think his name was Michael James, We also went to the cooking demo Monday which was great and you got to sample 4 dishes.

Key West - We had booked online City View trolley for about $18 each and it took about an hour and was very informative. My husband and sister weren't feeling well so we went back to the ship early. I think my granddaughter had passed on a bug to us since she had been sick.

Freeport - We booked the Garden of the Groves excursion from Carnival and it was very enjoyable. After going through the garden we went to the marketplace and got some souvenirs. Marilyn at the garden was very informative and a bit of a comedian.

Nassau - we bought ferry tickets for $4 each and got off and walked what seemed like about a mile to the Atlantis resort and went through it to get to Cabbage Beach. We probably stayed there about 2 hours then decided to take a taxi back to the ferry for $3 each. We should have just taken a taxi there and back in hindsight. Watch the bottled water. My sister bought one on the ferry dock and said the seal was broken. We always take Tervis cups with us so we can take water off the ship and also so we can fill them up on the lido deck as the glasses in the buffet are so small. The beach was pretty nice and the water was beautiful. Then we went back to the dock and did a little shopping. We had talked about walking to some attractions nearby but it was so hot and congested we just went back to the ship.

All too soon our cruise was over. Embarkation was the smoothest we had ever experienced after 7 cruises. We had zone 27 and my sister had zone 3 since she was out of state. We went down to guest services and I figured they would tell her to wait and get off with us but they just gave us zone 3 tags just based on our word so I imagine anyone could do this. We got done with breakfast about 8:30 and they were up to zone 6 by the time we left our cabin around 8:45. Customs seemed to have a lot more agents so we were in our car around 9:30 or so and back in Houston by 11 am. Many times we are still sitting on the ship then.

All in all a great cruise and we can't wait to go again. I think the Bahamas was nice to see for the first time but we still enjoy Cozumel, Jamaica and the Caymans better. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>