Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review by Canuckgirl55: Mixed Review
Overall Member Rating
- great itinerary with varied ports of call
- staff was excellent
- the ship was in excellent condition and well maintained except for 1 of the hot tubs that was constantly needing attention, not much of a concern as we don't use hot tubs
- lots of activities on board, but got repetitive after the 6th day, could use some more variety
- Pinnacle Grill was excellent, food was 5 star
- coffee was terrible, tasted like it was burnt, heard the same complaint from other passengers. The coffee in the Explorers cafe was not any better and to make matters worse HAL charged for any purchases in this on board cafe. So had to wait to get off the ship to have a good cup of coffee.
- Too many extra charges on board, coffee, Internet, yoga, Pilates etc all of these should be included
- the constant harassment to have your picture taken in order to charge for over priced portraits.
- the More endless HAL advertising they put in your mail everyday got to be annoying by the end
- have been on other HAL cruises and found the food in the main dining room not up to the standard of those previous cruises
- not a great selection of wine too much American and Australian, when I am traveling would really love to taste more of the local wines
- price of the wine way over priced $16 for a glass in the MD, we bought local wine from our port of calls and enjoyed those instead of purchasing on board Less
Read more Nieuw Amsterdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Nieuw Amsterdam Review >>
We had a balcony on Deck 8 and really enjoyed it...our room stewards were excellent. Room was always refreshed during the day and turned down in the evening, all requests were promptly provided for and always with a smile.
Great cruise except for one th...
Great ship. Great food. Great ...
Everything was okay but nothin...
Way Below my expectations
AND ANOTHER ONE GONE…
Perfect first cruise with gran...
Still a good value 25 years la...