Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by franzthree

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by franzthree
Legend of the Seas
Legend of the Seas
Member Name: franzthree
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Legend of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Legend of the Seas Deck Plans
Great ship, mediocre food, shadow puppets?

What a lovely ship. I understand it was recently refurbished and they did a pleasingly calm, tasteful job. I have been on 15 cruises with three different lines-Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Carnival. Other than the Valor, I enjoyed this decor the most. Our room was a large interior cabin on the 7th floor. Nevel was a great room steward who was very helpful.

Forget the cruise director! I think his name was Keith. Honestly, I have tried to forget him. He was rude and condescending to his cohort and was even forced to"apologize" to him on their "live" morning show. He failed at that by backhandedly blaming his cohort for deserving it!

Also, the last nights shadow puppet performance was just odd.

I totally agree with another reviewer's take on the food. We ate in the dining room every evening! BUT only because we had such great table mates. The food was mediocre at best. Never bad, never good. Definitely boring. Great servers who pushed pepper every course to try to enhance the bland food.

None of these things would cause me to dismiss another cruise on the Legend. Although, I will never use their transportation from the port to the airport again. RC led us to believe our transportation would handle our luggage from cabin to airport, they did not. I purchased this transportation due to my 70 year old aunt and 70 year old mother needing help. We had to pick up our luggage and check it twice before we even got to the bus that took it to the airport.

I would recommend the choice air option if you fly to the port. We got a good deal on airfare and everything was seemless and easy.

Publication Date: 10/28/13
More Legend of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Legend of the Seas review Read the next Legend of the Seas review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews