Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by franzthree: Great ship, mediocre food, shadow puppets?

Legend of the Seas 0
franzthree
Member Since 2013
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Great ship, mediocre food, shadow puppets?

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

What a lovely ship. I understand it was recently refurbished and they did a pleasingly calm, tasteful job. I have been on 15 cruises with three different lines-Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Carnival. Other than the Valor, I enjoyed this decor the most. Our room was a large interior cabin on the 7th floor. Nevel was a great room steward who was very helpful.

Forget the cruise director! I think his name was Keith. Honestly, I have tried to forget him. He was rude and condescending to his cohort and was even forced to"apologize" to him on their "live" morning show. He failed at that by backhandedly blaming his cohort for deserving it!

Also, the last nights shadow puppet performance was just odd.

I totally agree with another reviewer's take on the food. We ate in the dining room every evening! BUT only because we had such great table mates. The food was mediocre at best. Never bad, never good. Definitely boring. Great servers who pushed pepper every course to More try to enhance the bland food.

None of these things would cause me to dismiss another cruise on the Legend. Although, I will never use their transportation from the port to the airport again. RC led us to believe our transportation would handle our luggage from cabin to airport, they did not. I purchased this transportation due to my 70 year old aunt and 70 year old mother needing help. We had to pick up our luggage and check it twice before we even got to the bus that took it to the airport.

I would recommend the choice air option if you fly to the port. We got a good deal on airfare and everything was seemless and easy. Less

Published 10/28/13

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Legend of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Legend of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review:

This is a great interior cabin with tons of room. A small shower, but big enough to get clean. It is quiet. It is close to the centrum staircase. We felt like the 7th floor access to the centrum was out personal living room! Take a left out of the cabin and you are a short walk to the windjammer stairs...just two short levels to all you can eat!

franzthree
Member Since 2013
1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X