Discovery Cruise Review by welshowl: Dissatisfaction

Dissatisfaction

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Black Sea
Embarkation: Barcelona

I booked the Med Odyssey and Black Sea Discovery holiday through my travel agent.

I was very disappointed with Cruise & Maritime. They said that the excursions booking forms would come arrive approx. 56 days before departure, mine arrived approx. 14 days. My tickets which arrived 6 days before departure had my name spelt wrong and no explanation as to why there was no return flight ticket. When I phoned them to get it all corrected I was told I had to go through my travel agent.

The ship was in a bad state and the carpet in the corridor out side my cabin was mouldy, the roof in the Lido restaurant let the rain in. The entertainment was repeated for the second half of the cruise. It was a back to back cruise was the excuse from the ship management, they did change it slightly but the quizzes' in the evening was all the same questions. They didn't have a solo traveller get together because there was no day at sea but they had sat solo travellers together at dinner. More Why they couldn't arrange it for an evening I don't know. When I questioned why it had cost me so much in single supplement and yet a lot of other passengers had buy one get one free offers, I was told that it was up to the travel agents what was charged. Very limited entertainment was organised. Less

Read more Discovery cruise reviews >>