Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by wnorman: Totally Impressed with Ship

Totally Impressed with Ship

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

Flew to Charleston late Saturday from Canada and stayed in North Charleston at Airport Inn by airport. Got to port about 11:45 and was on ship and eating just after 12. Faster boarding ever!!! Was disappointed that I could not purchase Ahead of the line as it had sold out but thank goodness as we didn't need it. Incredible checkin. I have done over 20 cruises and never had this quick of a check in. Was totally impressed with ship. I must admit I was worried with it being old. Loved the layout and size!!!!!! Would definitely go on Fantasty again.

I must say we have always had very friendly waiters in the dining room but I did NOT find that this time. We did anytime dining and found only the workers at the front of the restaurant were friendly. Never experienced this before. Quite disappointing that the staff were not friendly during dinner. Not that we did not get good service, because we did. Usually when we do anytime dining we find waiters who we want to continue serving us More the whole week but that was not the case this time.

Ports: was so looking forward to Grand Turk as we had never been here before. Was totally disappointed with the island - I guess I was expecting more. We got off ship and purchased hop on hop off bus for 19.00 which I thought was a great deal but really nothing to see. Margarittaville was big and busy.

Nassau: had been before but never did an island tour. Got off ship and purchased local city tour for 20 bucks each. Waited til we had 8 people and off we went. It was incredible!!!! Supposed to be 2 hours but we were gone for 3. After tour, we went to Junkanoo beach which is right by the ship. Amazing time there - got jerk chicken and beers at a stand on the beach and it was great. Much better than cabbage beach where we had been before. No hassels at all!!!!!!

Half Moon Cay - LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous! Powder sand. It was my favourite. Not much to do other than enjoy the beach and water. Carnival moves the ship to the island - their drinks and barbeque lunch.

Totally enjoyed our sea days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole week the ocean was like glass, totally calm. Have never experienced a whole week like this. Never felt ship move whole week.

Getting off ship, was good experience also. QUICK!!!! We then spent 3 days in the Historic District at the Days Inn on Meeting Street. Loved hotel location and Charleston. We could walk everywhere.

I would definitely go on Fantasy again. Less