Felt Like We Had Most of the Ship to Ourselves!: Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by JCMALLARD1
Overall Member Rating
Felt Like We Had Most of the Ship to Ourselves!
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
1. Never crowded. Only crowd was in the Windjammer at peak times, but this was not even bad. Very well controlled for the number of people on the ship. We went to the sundeck during peak times and literally there were maybe 8 other people on the top side deck near us. We called it our own cruise ship!!!!
2. Park Cafe is very good. Don't rush though to stand in line the first day! They will have all the food there all week so hit it when you get the chance. Salads are very good as is the sandwich.
3. Love Starbucks! Enough said there!
4. Reserve shows well ahead of time. Main one to reserve is the Comedy Show. Most others you could get into after reserved had gone in. Was cool for one of the shows where the audience sang along with the headliner. Was cool to hear all the folks singing oldies together!
5. Watch the number of folks for Bingo. Crowds were really low so played twice and ended up winning for the first time ever. Just a way to narrow your odds!!!
6. Very very diverse crowd. Many different nationalities on board. Also since school was in session there were a limited number of kids on board.
7. AquaShow was awesome. Only complaint with our room though was there was a speaker right on our balcony and the show was very loud in the room. I could deal with it, but after the second night my hubby was ready for quiet. Not enough to be upset with, but he would not choose this room again for that reason. And yes we did shut the door properly!
8. Food was OK. Remember you are getting buffet food so if you go into it with that view you will be OK. Plenty of choices throughout so you won't starve.
9. Wireless stinks. If you need to use the internet go direct connect or you will waste a lot of money here.
Wow. Could go on and on. This was by far the best cruise we have done and we have done many. I had a smile on my face the whole week. Service was great, ship was clean, bed was comfy. I am looking for my next deal when we can take the kids.
RCL would love it if you dropped Nassau and added another port to try make this an over the top trip. St Maarten and St Thomas were great!!! Less
Boardwalk Balcony- great view of Aqua Theater and ocean. Bed by balcony. Plenty of storage. Comfy bed. Near AFT balcony. Can get loud during shows. Loved it overall.
Ship facilities were too small...
Great Cruise - Best Entertainm...
A very enjoyable experience
Oasis lives up to all the hyp...
Rocky and the Rollers were Fan...