Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by JCMALLARD1: Felt Like We Had Most of the Ship to Ourselves!

JCMALLARD1
Member Since 2009

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Felt Like We Had Most of the Ship to Ourselves!

Sail Date: September 2013

I have been waiting to sail on Oasis and finally had the chance on September 21st. Just FYI for perspective- Husband, 46, and I, 45, are frequent cruisers and pretty active folks. After checking my favorite websites we got a great deal on a Boardwalk Balcony Cabin- 12726. We arrived the night before, stayed at Embassy Suites, then took a shuttle to the port around 10:30 that morning. To say embarkation was a breeze is an understatement. We went through security, checked in and walked on the ship. Walking into the Royal Promenade, which is so much larger than the other RCL ships, is amazing. We grabbed a quick bite, a beer at the pub, then explored before going to our room at 1:00. We were the next to the last cabin Aft and had a great view of the ocean and the Aqua Theater from our balcony. Our bags were delivered quickly after. Took the opportunity to Flow Ride and Zip Line with no lines! Definitely do this early on..but the lines were never bad the whole week. Love the Muster Drill More which as in the Aqua Theater. No life jackets and standing like sardines in the hot sun! Yeah!!!! I will write a more detailed review on the message board, but to summarize some key points:

1. Never crowded. Only crowd was in the Windjammer at peak times, but this was not even bad. Very well controlled for the number of people on the ship. We went to the sundeck during peak times and literally there were maybe 8 other people on the top side deck near us. We called it our own cruise ship!!!!

2. Park Cafe is very good. Don't rush though to stand in line the first day! They will have all the food there all week so hit it when you get the chance. Salads are very good as is the sandwich.

3. Love Starbucks! Enough said there!

4. Reserve shows well ahead of time. Main one to reserve is the Comedy Show. Most others you could get into after reserved had gone in. Was cool for one of the shows where the audience sang along with the headliner. Was cool to hear all the folks singing oldies together!

5. Watch the number of folks for Bingo. Crowds were really low so played twice and ended up winning for the first time ever. Just a way to narrow your odds!!!

6. Very very diverse crowd. Many different nationalities on board. Also since school was in session there were a limited number of kids on board.

7. AquaShow was awesome. Only complaint with our room though was there was a speaker right on our balcony and the show was very loud in the room. I could deal with it, but after the second night my hubby was ready for quiet. Not enough to be upset with, but he would not choose this room again for that reason. And yes we did shut the door properly!

8. Food was OK. Remember you are getting buffet food so if you go into it with that view you will be OK. Plenty of choices throughout so you won't starve.

9. Wireless stinks. If you need to use the internet go direct connect or you will waste a lot of money here.

Wow. Could go on and on. This was by far the best cruise we have done and we have done many. I had a smile on my face the whole week. Service was great, ship was clean, bed was comfy. I am looking for my next deal when we can take the kids.

RCL would love it if you dropped Nassau and added another port to try make this an over the top trip. St Maarten and St Thomas were great!!! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>