Celebrity Century Cruise Review by OrionSkye79: First Cruise ever!!!!

OrionSkye79
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Century Hawaii Cruises

First Cruise ever!!!!

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: San Diego

My friends and I just got back today from our first cruise to Hawaii. I must say that the service was excellent, and our stateroom attendants were awesome. Our waiters were terrific, and the meals were delicious every night at The Grand Restaurant. I did not do the activities, because they were not for me, but I heard from many people on board say they were enjoying themselves. I enjoyed most of the shows, but some were not my taste. The cruise director was seen all over the ship, and he was always willing to answer any questions that you had about the entertainment. The ship's officers were also seen on a daily basis around the ship.

Our stateroom (8121) was small, but the mirrors in the room gave off the illusion that the room was bigger. One night, I found myself suffering from motion sickness, and I had to get out of my room. I went to deck 11,where the pool was at to get fresh air, and I was feeling awful, and a kind employee brought me towels to cover up with, and to More use as a pillow, and she got me some ice water, and took the time to make sure that I was feeling better. It helped me a lot that someone that did not know me, cared enough to take time out of her busy schedule to comfort me. I have to admit that 2 weeks is too long for me to be out to sea, and I will be seeking shorter cruises in the future. I also additionally tipped all of the employees who took part in making my vacation awesome. I was spoiled for 2 weeks!

I would suggest to the DJ to update his tunes for the younger folks who party late up at the Hemisphere. They should update the library, I liked the daily movie selections. I also had booked the 5 specialty dinner package, not realizing that the Century only had one restaurant (Murano) which is great, but they refunded my package purchase without any problems. I also purchased the soda card, and I got my moneys worth on that ! The pool was freezing, and I did not use it. Other then that, I learned a lot of new tips from fellow experienced cruisers, and I will pack differently next time.

Getting off the ship was chaotic at the end of the cruise, and I did not like that part. I did not like tendering either. Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review >>

(5.5)

Love this port. Took a taxi tour and visited waterfalls. Could not go to volcano park though.

Read 270 Hilo Reviews

Very crazy, a lot of people. I loved Waikiki Beach. I paid 20.00 to a trolley tour that took us around the city. I was upset that I could not visit Pearl Harbor.

Read 264 Honolulu Reviews

(3)

I did not care for Kona. I did snorkel though, so I had fun doing that.

Read 165 Kona Reviews

(5.5)

Love love love this town. I saw a lot of fantastic things, like a shark in the water, and turtle. I did their tours like the glass bottom boat, and saw coral and fish and other sea creatures. This port was my fav, but I hated the tendering part.

Read 263 Maui Reviews