Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by sailorx2: Beautiful Laid Back Ship

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Beautiful Laid Back Ship

Sail Date: October 2013

This was my wife's first Platinum cruise and we loved the Breeze. Décor is wonderful. The glitz and glitter is toned down to a Caribbean look right down to the cabin doors that have a slat shutter design. Food was the star on this boat. Burgers, Burritos, Italian, BBQ, Hot Dogs, Tandor - all for lunch at no charge. Carnival gave us the simple good food and cravings. The ports were hot so we didn't stray far from the ship.

We have been in Balcony, outside and inside cabins. This time we chose an inside, Deck 1 and it was the nicest inside we ever had. A great arrangement made it look fairly large and comfortable. Soft tans and beachy pictures made you feel like you were at an island resort. This was a great redesign by Carnival. And since insides are the darkest with the lights off, we slept in every morning. Perfect location directly up to the Ocean Plaza and Casino.

The only disappointment was the entertainment. The first two Punchliner acts were poor, the More last two were average. The three shows (which I have seen 2 other times), Motor City, Divas and The Brits, were fair at best. When you see the same 8 singers and dancers in every show, it gets old. The Motor City show on the Fascination, a much smaller ship with less techno stuff, was excellent. It was still entertaining but not up to par with the previous shows that Carnival put on.

That said, we had plenty to do besides the shows in 8 days and the Piano Bar was a hoot. The piano man kept everyone feeling all right (sorry). An Elton John song got glasses for everyone to wear. Country songs got cowboy hats. Buffet got you shark head, and other funny hats. He was one of the best I've seen. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

(5.5)

One big thing to pass on. Tortola is like no other Island. I walked through the stalls in the small shopping area and not one person grabbed me or started showing me stuff. The shopkeepers kept their distance and after a few minutes, one of them said, "If you need assistance, let me know." I bought 2 beautiful shirts and thanked them for not being pushy. The folks is the main shopping area were also gracious and helpful. The quick tour we took showed a beautiful island that is laid back with people that are happy to stop and talk to you. Carnival would do well to add Tortola to their "must stop" islands.

In case your are wondering, we noticed the real estate is still depressed and there are lots of places for sale. A one bedroom, one bath condo on the ocean goes for 150K USD. Interior homes, 5-10 minutes from the beach, in small villages, are well below 100K and near 50K.

Read 501 Tortola Reviews