Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by catgirl398: Pleasantly surprised

Pleasantly surprised

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I am a travel agent who makes a living selling cruise vacations. I must admit to being a bit of a cruise snob and was not likely to recommend Carnival. I am glad I took this trip.

I must say I think the porter almost fell over when I tipped him for taking my bag. He must not get many tips from this crowd. Embarkation was a breeze. Line not too long, plenty of stations doing the check-in and I was on my way fairly quickly.

I had an inside room. Just a trip to check it out after all. The room was comfortable and clean. My stateroom attendant made a point to meet me and was visible and helpful throughout the trip.

Food was fine. I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Having cruised many times before the things that are important to me in a buffet are freshly prepared made to order options. There were sandwiches and salad bar and pizza for lunch as well as the food in the typical buffet. Sometimes the food in the trays looked better than others, More but I did not starve ever. I thought the food in the main dining rooms was fine. Plenty of choices. Service was good. I never felt we were not taken care of.

Entertainments was fair. Honestly I don't think any cruise line puts it best on a 3 or 4 night cruise. The band that played rock around the ship was the best. Also, the comedian Doug was funny. The DJ on the pool deck aimed to please. Lots of happy, dancing passengers.

I would recommend this cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>