Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by earltonharley

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by earltonharley
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: earltonharley
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Great time ...

My DW and I are just off the Explorer. Let me start by saying we had an excellent time. It was an alone time cruise. We often cruise with family and friends but it was just the two of us.

Port Liberty. A breeze. In and out in minutes. No hassles. Friendly port folks.

The ship. We were on the same ship five years ago, and I thought the problems we encountered were ship related. We had the misfortune of sailing during spring break and the people on that cruise were out of control. This trip was so much different. We went up to lunch upon boarding, went to our cabin (9314) when it was available, and had a grand time. The food in every area of the ship was very good. Of course Portofino's outdid themselves. The attention to detail. I'm getting ahead of myself.

We attended the Meet and Mingle on Monday, and let me say "THANK YOU" for all the hardwork that went into putting it all together. I thought it was going to be a bust when the gentleman from Canada said he was THANKFUL he wasn't an AMERICAN. Didn't sit very well with me. Oh well, still didn't wreck my cruise.

My head waiter and asst. waiter (Johnson and Dwayn) were out standing. Table 465 first seating.

The food was great. The suggestions were great.

Now, the NOT so great things. My cabin steward had no idea about attention to detail. We got the least she could give. I had a broken table on the balcony, the faucet leaked in the bathroom, the phone stopped working on Tuesday night, and the menu's for room service ran out two days early. Did it destroy my vacation? Not on your life. Will I cruise Royal Caribbean again, you bet. I prebooked three cruises during the trip.

Disembarkation was as good as it gets. Royal has it down pat. Goodbye for now, Explorer! See you again REAL soon!

Publication Date: 10/28/13