Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by bwkshpr

Member Name: bwkshpr
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Ensenada
Destination: Hawaii
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Excellent crew, beautiful ship, small cabins and odd embarkation

Arrived from the east coast to San Diego, stayed at the Marriott Marina hotel in San Diego (fantastic), close to pier, excellent service. The next day, the four of us (2 couples) took a taxi to the pier, where celebrity had us go through the cruise terminal there, check in and board a bus for Ensenada Mexico. Bus stopped at border, given a customs/immigration form. The ride to Ensenada was about 3 hours, total. Once we arrived at the port in Ensenada we waited on the bus for close to an hour. Our bus was cool, but apparently some of the others had a little A/C problems and was very hot waiting to get off bus. My complaint was that no one from Celebrity came on board the buses to explain the hold up. Bad public relations, because the complaints started...and you know how that goes. Once on board the ship, everything went smooth. Although we didn't leave until midnight, and once again, not sure why that was. Prior to our cruise I called Celebrity to book the 3 package specialty restaurants and was told none was available. That confused me....so I booked at 2 different restaurants and then decide on the ship if we wanted to do any more. But once on the ship, some of the crew members were trying to get us to book the 3 specialty restaurant package! And by the way, I am traveling on Celebrity for new years and was told you can't book any specialty restaurant for that cruise....didn't advertise that when I made my cruise reservation.

Entertainment was good. Ship was lovely. But I truly felt our cabin was small! When we first walked in we were very surprised how small it was and wondered if we would find a place for everything. Surprisingly we did. But we couldn't pass each other without waiting for the other to pass by, and we are small people. Bathroom was small as well. Deck size was okay. Enjoyed the café, where I had the best chai tea. Had access to blu restaurant, which we enjoyed very much. Our waiter, Bertram, was just fantastic, although not assigned a table, we usually had him as our waiter. But the whole staff was super friendly. All the specialty restaurants were very good, but our favorite was Tuscan. The crew on board the Solstice were very friendly and helpful.

Publication Date: 10/27/13