Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by BrianFolan1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by BrianFolan1
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: BrianFolan1
Cruise Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Pleasantly Surprised!

After all the less than stellar reviews written regarding Carnival Imagination's 3 Night Nassau sailing my expectations were not high, however living in South Florida and with the rate I was able to get, I figured I did not have mulch to lose.

I cannot say how pleasantly surprised I was at the whole experience.

Embarkation:

I arrived at the terminal at 1pm for a 4pm sailing. Aside from being directed to the wrong check in time by the very friendly and accommodating shoreside staff, embarkation was a breeze. I was on the ship within 30 minutes of my arrival at the pier.

Cabin:

My cabin, E189 on Deck 7 (Empress Deck) was very nice. I was clean, well lit and despite being an interior stateroom vastly exceeded the quality of my stateroom on my last Royal Caribbean cruise aboard the now departed Monarch of the Seas. I can't compare it to Concierge Class on Celebrity, but clearly we're talking two different products. My cabin steward was friendly and attentive and the twice a day service was well appreciated.

Food:

I elected to try the "Your Time Dining". I never had to wait for a table in the Pride Dining room and the food was not horribly exciting but was certainly tasty and plentiful. I ate most of my meals in the Horizon Buffet on Lido deck. The food at the buffet was typical cruise buffet fare but again was plentiful, fairly tasty and always available. My one complaint was the room service. I attempted to order room service both Friday and Saturday night and after waiting on the phone for over 5 minutes gave up and treked to the 24hr pizza bar on Lido Deck.

Entertainment:

My first Carnival Cruise definitely did not disappoint when it came to entertainment. There was something for everyone. The comedy shows were amusing, Illuminations Nightclub was a blast! I went every night. Not sure what else to say...there was no shortage of options.

Highlights:

1.) Serenity of t Deck on Deck 9 aft of Xanadu Lounge was excellent. I spent a lot of time there. The servers despite what I had heard about them being very aggressive with the drink sales were friendly and never pushy.

2.) Illuminations Nightclub. The bartenders were great, the music was fun and everyone I saw was having a good time.

Summary:

Imagination is an older ship, but it was very well maintained, clean and comfortable. The staff was fantastic and the value for the money is incredible. I certainly plan on another quick weekend trip on the Imagination and if you're looking for an inexpensive and fun weekend I cannot recommend it enough.

Publication Date: 10/27/13