Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Tssweety

10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 1.0

Wonderful Cruise

I have researched and read so many reviews and was slightly worried about booking this cruise.

We drove 11 hours straight to port from Tennessee. Parked at the Radisson parking garage. It was cheaper an they shuttle you right there.

Embarkation was a breeze!! We were on the ship by noon and right up to the Lido to eat lunch!!

This is the first time on this larger Carnival Ship. This is our 8th cruise all on Carnival's smaller ships. First of all I love this ship. The layout was great! It is a very large ship compared to the other ships. The Lido restaurant was huge!!! I was so worried about long lines and yes there were some lines but you have to expect that especially at certain times of the day. Would not recommend going there when everyone has to be back by 130pm and you get back and want to eat at 1pm. That was the worst. Other than that there are so many different stations to choose from.

The Indian Tandorri.. was just ok. Naan bread was ALWAYS out and that is what everyone wanted. Line for Deli... always too long, didn't have that.

I can't say enough about the Pizza. This by far is the most delicous pizza I have had on any Carnival Ships. If you have been and think... not worth it, please think again. It is one of the best pizzas I have ever had anywhere and I am from NJ/NY area and Italian. It is so thin and crispy. Please try this. Our 11 year old was there multiple times a day. I miss that already.

There was plenty of Trivia. The Lanai had sliders on certain days. Didn't try that. The shows were ok, mediocre talent. I did find that the costumes were toned down from other ships... Thank Goodness. I couldn't stand taking my boys there only to see girls in thongs constantly.

The Breakdancing guys were great!! Very entertaining.

I will have to say that the DJ was AWFUL!!! CARNIVAL PLEASE GET RID OF THIS. BRING BACK STEEL DRUM AND ISLAND MUSIC TO THE SHIP!! The music they played most of the time was worse that horrible. No island music just loud and yelling music. There was an acousitc guitar singer that was pretty good and tamed down.

The food was incredible. Lobster was perfect... Prime Rib...Steaks. Perfect. Better than last ships we have been on. Definately go to brunch. Really really worth it.

The waitstaff was very slow certain nights but treated us great. Not really thrilled with our room steward. Well not true. He was great but got sick day 2 and then never saw him again and the other girl didn't do well and we never saw her ever. Other ships left cookies for the kids... this one not. But not enough to get me upset.

Oh had a family suite that had one full bathroom and a seperate with tub/shower and sink. That was great for family of 5.

The ports were all good... Belize... didn't do anything and it seemed unsafe to me. Cozamel took a city tour for $10 per person. Worth it. Costa Maya, nice pool beach and shopping right there and Roaton we rented a Kia for $60 for the whole day and drove around the island!!! Worth it!!!!

All in all a wonderful vacation and I would recommend the Carnival Dream!!!

Publication Date: 10/27/13