Carnival Triumph 3

“Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Triumph

Liz
Member Since 2000
1,939 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My husband and I have been on 7 cruises including Carnival: Royal Caribbean, Holland American, Celebrity and Carnival. We actually went on 3 back to back cruises: 3 different ships, 3 different Cruise lines in 30 days. Embarkation was from Miami and returned to Miami. The port of Miami was is big and very organized. The actual disembarkation went pretty smooth. The disembarkation went extremely well. Not only did they have us all color coded, they also had us divided by which decks too. So it was easy finding our suitcases in the terminal!

Pros: Nice size ship: 101,000 tons with 116ft beam. It was refurbished in 2000. The entire ship seems to be in pretty good condition for an older (1999) ship. We really appreciated the very nice bed and its coverings! We had an inside cabin in the fore (front) of the ship. House keeping was very good. The food was not very good (below fair) but the service was very good as was the dinner entertainment! Entertainment was very amusing, funny More and entertaining. We had the best cruise director of all our cruises! Paul is this English chap who was so hilarious, organized, extemporaneous and very personable.

Cons: As mentioned the food was not very good. The buffet was satisfactory. I have allergies and am sensitive to smoke. I dreaded the floating smoke from the smokers. Fortunately, customers didn't smoke in any of the dinning rooms or the main theater. This ship has a beautiful lobby which is located on the 3rd deck/lobby deck, between the fore and Aft of the ship. It contains a big circular bar which smokers are allowed to smoke at but apparently not officially. The problem is this lobby is big and its ceiling goes right through about 5 decks or more above, so the smoke just goes everywhere, all around and up through the decks above.

Conclusion: FYI: I spoke to the second in command: the staff captain about their cruise ships and customers. Also the new ship: Carnival Freedom (2007) and he said they market to a particular clientele and the Carnival Freedom is designed (blueprint) exactly like the Triumph except longer. Do I regret going on a Carnival Cruise? No, this was our first Carnival cruise. We had no idea what it would be like. Would I go on another Carnival ship? In the future, we most likely would not. Would I recommend it to others? Yes, if they don't mind smoke while they're trying to shop on board, do any transactions in the lobby, dodge smoke between fore and aft, and don't mind about the quality of the food. Less

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Helpful? Thank Liz
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?