Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by mheflin62: Great Cruise!!

Jewel of the Seas 5
Member Since 2013
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Great Cruise!!

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

I completely enjoyed my cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. I chose this cruise because of the itinerary. I read some of the previous reviews about the ship being old and out dated. I did not notice the ship was outdated at all. This was my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. This was my first inside cabin (8630) and it was not bad at all. I felt the room was spacious. My only complaint would be that the shower is really small. There was a lot of storage in the rooms.

I arrived at the pier around 5 pm and did not have to wait in any lines to get on the ship. My room was ready and I received my luggage really fast.

I had anytime dining and ate dinner at 8 pm every night in the Tides dining room. The food was really good. I had the best waiter (Ricky). I ordered the filet mignon ($15) from the menu 2 nights and it was one of the best steaks that I have ever had. I wish I would have noticed it on the menu sooner, I would have ordered it every night. The Windjammer food was More ok. I got a little tired of the same thing every day.

The ports were awesome. My favorites were St Kitts and Curacao. I took a private tour around the island and it was great. I booked these outside of the cruise ship. I would like to go back to both islands.

Overall the cruise was GREAT!!! I would recommend. Less

Published 10/27/13

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

The room was really spacious for an inside cabin. Lots of storage. Only complaint would be that the shower is really small.

Member Since 2013
1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X