Marina Cruise Review by royrose918@yahoo.co.uk: If you are looking for quality, look no further

royrose918@yahoo.co.uk
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Marina Mediterranean Cruises

If you are looking for quality, look no further

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

My partner & I are seasoned cruisers. We like to swop around the various cruise companies but always search for venues.

Oceania cruise on this occasion were chosen just on venues being visited. We boarded in Barcelona after short flight from UK. As the cabins were not ready for release we were invited on board to lunch. My immediate reaction was how pleasant the staff were and the quality of the buffet.

The 4 speciality restaurants on board this ship are available to all without extra charge, we were on a B2 Veranda Stateroom and were allowed one booking at each restaurant. We took up two bookings one in Polo and one in the Italian themed Toscana. The Quality of the food & service were 5 Star and without fault. I have a catering background and believe me I know good food when on offer. Most of our other meals were in The Grand Dining Room, The Grill and the buffet.. The quality of service in every venue is first class as is the food. I have never heard of a More Beefburger being made with KOBI Beef dressed with Truffle Sauce, Had two they were so good. Menu's in Grand Dining Room changed daily, Lobster & Fillet Steaks were in abundance.

The Staterooms are really large compared to other ships we have been on. Full sized bath with shower and a separate shower cubicle opposite bath. The cabin was as big as any five star hotel room. Plenty of luggage space although the position of the wardrobe made us dance around each other when access was required. The public rooms and bars are beautiful with artwork everywhere. Had drinks package which appeared exspensive but if you drank Champagne turned out cheap in the end.

Only gripe was price of excursions. You really need to research the places being visited before you commit to any trips. We only used two bookings for trips due to venues. All the rest we used Hop On Hop Off buses at ports and bargained with local firms to go to other places. Good example of this is Naples. For 220 Euro's for two a private car will take you to Almalfi, Positano & Sorrento for a whole day out. Stay as long as reasonable and ended with tour around Naples. Had we chosen trips on board that would have cost three times as much. Overall I will say that Marina & Oceania Cruises can be very proud of themselves we were both very sad to leave such a lovely ship & crew. Less

Read more Marina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Marina Review >>

(5.5)

We anchored off harbour, used tenders. At the dock where tenders comes in awaits the the Hop On Hop Off bus. If you wish just to see Monaco & Monte Carlo use the bus. Takes you all over town and up to Palace area for less than 17 Euro's. If you want to go down coast , good train service available. Only take organised ship trip if you wish to leave the immediate area of Monte Carlo & Monaco. If you require lunch go back to ship as it is very short boat ride and restaurants in Monte Carlo are outragious in price.

Read 192 Monaco Reviews