Westerdam 5

“Much Better Than Expected”
Cruise review of Holland America Westerdam

fleetmac
Member Since 2007

Overall Member Rating

We were booked on The Smooth Jazz Cruise so we didn't have a choice of ships. After reading some really negative reviews about the Westerdam I was apprehensive about the quality of food and service on the ship.

We have been on about 12 cruises so far primarily on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. While the Westerdam is not as new as the other ships we've been on, I must say that the service was excellent. The cabin steward couldn't have been more helpful and the dining room service any better.

The food was as good as any of the Royal Caribbean ships we've travelled on but a notch lower than Celebrity. But still no complaints here. We ate at the Pinnacle Grill one evening and found the food and service exemplary. It was well worth the price and I highly recommend it. Back to the main dining room where the selections were varied and tasty delivered hot to the table. Friday night was particularly good with a filet and lobster tail surf and turf.

Since we were on a More themed cruise, entertainment was provided by the cruise promoter so I can't comment on Holland America line up.

Only a few minor negatives such as cabin size, pool area (as compared to Celebrity and RCL). and bar scene. But these were minor and no big deal. Ship boarding and departure were a breeze.

Good job Weserdam! Less

Published 10/27/13

Read Cruise Critic's Westerdam Review

Westerdam Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?