Carnival Dream Cruise Review by skigal79: Had a BLAST!

skigal79
Member Since 2013
1 Post

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Had a BLAST!

Sail Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I would definitely go on the Carnival Dream again. The experience was exactly what it should be -- fun and not too serious. Meeting all the people on the cruise ship was the best part. We made friends with everybody from families, singles, couples, groups, and crew. It was a week long fun-fest. I think its important not to take anything too seriously though.

As a former hospitality-industry professional, I must commend the crew on their excellence in service. I cannot imagine how hard it must be to keep a smile and great attitude around the clock. But they really nailed it. The two Asian girls at the Ocean Bar were fabulous!!!! They are masters at remembering names and drinks. The music performers were also great (Scott) and never failed putting on a great show. I didn't get to see many of the larger productions. But there was one man who did a comedy show in the large theater and he had me in hysterics. Our room Steward, Noel, was top-notch! Every crew member on the ship was More amazing and provided fabulous service.

The food is not high quality. However, it is certainly acceptable, and offered to you in great quantity if you so please. For the price point that Carnival offers, it would be completely ridiculous to expect anything more. I was happy that I was easily able to eat Pescatarian the entire time. My travel-buddy is a vegetarian, and she did not have any problems finding plentiful choices either.

If I could give one suggestion to Carnival, it would be to provide a more relaxing pool area. The pools were very small and crowded, which dissuaded me from spending much time there. Also, as another cruiser stated, the music was oppressively loud on the pool deck. And I can't imagine that travelers want to hear hip hop and club music blasting all day. There is a dance club for that, which is also a ton of fun! But you can choose to be at the dance club when you want to hear that. Pools should be bigger with more seating. Maybe instead of a golf/track area or basketball court, another pool?

Overall -- super fun experience with great service and good food.

The ship was extremely clean too. :) Less