“Just Back this afternon”
Cruise review of Carnival Magic

Franksal Carnival Magic 5 Just Back this afternon
Franksal
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We left Galveston, Sunday, 10-13-13 for Key West, Freeport and Nassau. The service was great. The person kept our room very nice and clean through out the week. It was like on the second day I requested ice. From that day own, I had a fresh bucket of ice twice a day. The service was great. We only are in the dining room 3 nights, as we are not the dress up type people. We had anytime dining, as we usually went around 6:00 p.m. Very little waiting for a table. We had three different waiters the three nights. They were very professional and did a very god job, other than a little language barrier. But being a Texan, I am as much as they were. We ate breakfast three mornings in the dinning room. If you take a cruise, try and eat as often as you can in the dinning rooms, rather than the 11th floor anytime feeding. I would give a A rating, but the 11th floor anytime eating, an F. Yes that much different. Part of the problem, I blame on the guest. Some very rude and pushy. Found some to be very rude. Always trying to over crowd the elevators and cutting in food line. But I have seen the same thing in Vegas, so go figure.

Plenty of activities for every age group. This being my 9th cruise, I did more relaxing in my room or my balcony. The price of the balcony is well worth the money. We had a cove balcony on deck two. Not too close to the water line, but did get a little mist from time to time. I found our balcony to be more private the the balconies on the 6th decks and above. Pack in such a way you can handle yourselves. We took our own bags and was out in no time. We left our room about 7:30 a.m., and was on I 45 going north to get home by 8 a.m. Everything on this cruise was great but the 11th floor buffets. Oh. I did visit the Deli for a ham and cheese sandwitch from time to time. We did see a couple of other Carnivals Ships in port. I would say The Victory was the best looking ship in ports.

Carnival Magic Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Cabin was great! Spend the extra money for the balcony than in a small room with no windows.

Port

Unless you take an excusrion, save your time with just a short walk around the ship. Do no get out on your own. It is not safe.

Read 1,075 Freeport Reviews
Port

We wondered over to the Atlantis. Huge place. take your walking shoes.

Read 4,116 Nassau Reviews
Published 10/27/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Magic Review
Carnival Magic Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?