Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by VacationsRme: Great First Impression

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Canada & New England Cruises

Great First Impression

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook)

This was my first Princess cruise. I went with my 83 year old parents and my sister. This was the last trip my parents would take as my Mother has alzheimers. This trip was bitter sweet for all of us. This itinerary was one my Dad wanted to do. We had easy embarkation. We had two balcony rooms. Our room steward opened the divider which was nice to go back and forth between rooms from the balcony. The ship was in good condition. The service for the most part was very good. I really liked the way the staff helped you around the elevators on embarkation. This was a nice touch. The food in the dining room was very good and so was the service. We were not very happy with service at the bar. We purchased the coke card and when the waiters saw that sticker they ignored us. Several times we waited for long periods of time due to the fact we had this card and they did not want to help us. The entertainment was good. We enjoyed the comedian. He was funny without being vulgar. We sat and More listened to A.J. in the piano bar most nights and he was awesome. We listened to the group in the other lounges and we enjoyed them as well. The cruise director was just o.k. We did notice you must get to the theater early to get a seat. It was very crowded every night. I was very surprised at how unprofessional the photo department was. The pictures were not good and the staff were rude. It was so hard to find your pictures. These were also the most expensive photos that I have ever paid for. They took pictures while peoples mouth was open or cloths were out of place. We enjoyed every port.

We used Princess excursions and we were happy with them all. Unfortunately we did not get to go into the Acadia Park. It opened the next day. We were not informed about our excursion being cancelled and had to find a different tour which was not easy. We still enjoyed the only excursion that was left. Hopefully we will be able to return some day. We did excursions that would accommodate my Dad not being able to walk for long distances. Only one day did the tender become an issue. That was in New Port. We waited an hour to get off the ship and wasted allot of our time there.

As far as things to do on sea day, it was pretty much non-existant. Thank goodness we only had one sea day. Some of the choices were a lecture on hemorrhoids. Wow are we old or what? I am 54 and was one of the youngest people on this cruise. I did realize after this week that I will never work in a nursing home as my patience with the elderly is not very good. Remember everything is in slow motion on this cruise. Do not get in a hurry to get anywhere because 99 % of the passengers can't move very fast. We loved each port. Towel animals are nonexistent also. I really missed them but it did not affect our cruise.

As a whole I really enjoyed this cruise and was very pleased with the Princess experience. Not sure if I would go with them on a cruise with allot of sea days but would definitely go again on a port intense cruise. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

City Tour

(3)

Unfortunately the Acadia Park was closed and our excursion was cancelled. We did enjoy the tour we took. The rain was a bit of a damper.

Duck Tour

(4)

This was a fun trip. We only drove by the sights and got a small view of this beautiful town. We choose this due to lack of walking mobility with my Dad. Good choice if you have problems walking.

Peggy's Cove

(5)

Very good tour. Saw some beautiful scenery.

City Tour, Bay of Fundy, and St. Martin

(5)

Very informative tour. Long but not too long. Really enjoyed the Lobster Roll.