Ryndam Cruise Review by HeinBloed

Member Name: HeinBloed
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Athens (Piraeus)
Destination: Mediterranean
See More About: Ryndam Cruise Reviews | Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Ryndam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ryndam Deck Plans
The best cruise ever on a REAL ship

I could keep it short: Best cruise ever on a REAL ship. But why REAL in capital letters?

In Kusadasi there was NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS at the same time in town. I posted the pictures of NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS on RCI's Facebook chronicle and somebody answered that I should come over to NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS because it is a REAL ship.

Well - I had no need anymore to see NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS nor RCI.

RYNDAM is a total feel-well-ship.

The right size - you never had long walks. Of course you did not have ice-skating, wall-climbing, Royal Promenade etc. But it was large enough to have great shows, you had wonderful variety of lounges with differenty kind of music played (incl. classical).

The ship is of 1994 and in a great condition. They were working everywhere to maintain the ship. There were minor spots which attracted our attention like the lock of our balcony door or our bathroom door. But nothing which really impacted the pleasure to be on board.

The crew was as usual - outstanding with a professional distance. But I appreciated since I have a difficult realtionship to the Hotel Director that I got a personal letter and invited to contact the Hotel Director for any problem I had. Our cabin stewards were wonderful. The concierges (Vincent and Rose) true treasures. And the team in the Pinnacle Grill under the management of Roger worked with the precision of a Swiss watch. There were so many to mention but best would be to see my blog:

Here you can see in details how we experienced the ship and the whole itinerary.

Captain Werner Timmers did really a great job - I have never felt more welcome but on this HAL ships (I know EURODAM, WESTERDAM, ZAANDAM - in total 5 of 60 cruises with HAL).

The Neptune Suite: Due to a great TA and mulitiple Upsell-Offers we landed for peanuts in a Neptune Suite. As you have free laundry, access to the Concierge, Neptune Lounge, Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill it was worth the money.

The food: as usual the problem with HAL: high grade qualitity but sometimes seasoning... but it was always good but one night. And that is the general problem of HAL: What they are doing good they are doing really good. But if there is a minor problem (like we did not like something) they cannot handle it in a proper way and it always ends in a disaster. But we had luck as it was only 1 1/2 times it happened and as all other things went extremely well we can ignore it in the aftermath - but we have not forgotten it and we are sure it will happen on the next cruise again. HAL makes addict.

The shows just wonderful. Normally things I do no like (like Bollywood Music) I started to learn to honor it. Wonderful voices.

You can say that we had the best time of any of our 60 cruises so far.

Publication Date: 10/24/13