Marco Polo Cruise Review by midlandsmike: If you want a CMV cruise. book it now whilst the company lasts!

midlandsmike
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

If you want a CMV cruise. book it now whilst the company lasts!

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Other
Embarkation: London (Tilbury)

Just back from a trip to the Northern Lights. My second cruise with this company and what a change from the first. And the change is not good.

The staff seems to have been cut back by half, the food is much worse, and the entertainment has hardly changed. We did have a passable comedy magician and a half decent actress doing a form of Shirley Valentine. We also had two lecturers, one good and one excellent but we also had this weirdo who was Matt Monros daughter, did a one hour chat with the cruise director, largely incoherently, and apparantly actually got paid!!!

From chatting to staff I find out that the problem is that the company was taken over by a German/Greek company this summer. They have cut back on staff, cut wages and have began by closing the Essex office and sacking the people who knew all the decent acts, performers and lecturers. The result is that they have little or no idea what they are doing and care only about profit.

Mark my words, it More will get worse and the ship it seems is also suffering from a fall in standards. I lost FIVE nights sleep due to hammering, drilling, grinding and other repair noises from the engine area between midnight and 4.00am. What a way to treat passengers!!!!!

On my last cruise with CMV they were a great, friendly company who cared about their passengers. Now, due to the change of ownership, they care only about their passengers wallets. There is still hope for CMV but only if they go back to their old standards SOON. Less

Read more Marco Polo cruise reviews >>