“I Loved the Carnival Liberty-Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Liberty

Shelly196731 Carnival Liberty 5 I Loved the Carnival Liberty-Western Caribbean
Shelly196731
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We arrived at the Port of Miami right around 11:00. We purchased Faster to the Fun and had dropped off our bags and headed to lunch before noon. By the time we returned, our luggage was there and we had time to unpack and explore the ship before we left the port. I was pleasantly surprised on how big our room was. We had plenty of room to relax at the end of the day. We barely felt the ship move the whole trip.

The buffett was okay, but Guys burgers, the Deli, and Pizza Pirate were very good. I didn't care of the eggs and bacon in the breakfast bufett (it had no taste). The dining room food was always good. Getting off at the ports was easy and well organized.I had purchased three shore excursions from Carnival and was happy with all but the one we took at the Grand Caymans. Carnival was very good at keeping us informed about what was going on in the ship, and we enjoyed all of the comedy shows, bingo, and dive-in theater shows. The entertainment was amazing.

Debarking was painless and we were off the ship and through customs in no time at all. I would like to try another cruise line to have something to compare it too, but I really love this cruise.

Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

I was really surprised on how large the room was. It was bigger than some hotels in Boston and New York that I have stayed in. It was clean, had a refrigerator and was very comfortable.

Xunantunich

Getting off the ship and onto the tour bus was quick and organized. The trip took about 2 hours, but it really didn't seem like it. The guide kept us entertained by telling us about Belize, past, present and future. Once we arrived, the ruins were amazing and I loved hearing the history of the site, how it was discovered and the work that is currently going on there. Unless you are snorkeling or diving, there isn't much to do in Belize City. I loved this tour and was impressed with the Guide and the sites.

Port

As suggested by many reviewers, instead of a shore excursion, we picked up a taxi at the pier. I was a little disappointed on how expensive it is to obtain a taxi ($80 for 3 hours, but they wanted $90). The Mayan ruins at this site was a wonderful experience, but did you know that Cozumel has a chocolate factory? It is a small, family owned business and we booked the chocolate factory tour on-line. I loved hearing the history of chocolate and how coco butter is produced and about white chocolate. The beaches here were beautiful and if I had one regret, it would be that we didn't bring our swim suits and snorkel between the ruins and the Chocolate Factory tour.

Read 4,596 Cozumel Reviews
Island Tour

Unfortunately, we got stuck with a pathetic tour guide who told us very little about the island. I loved Pedro Saint James and the tour guide there told us more about the island in 1/2 hour than our guide did in 4 hours. He didn't offer very much information about the town of "Hell" (is this a real town or just a tourist place), nor did he offer history of the island. I asked him about pirates and he said all he knew was that there was a festival head each year for them. I liked the places we stopped, but I felt he could have told me more about the island.

Beach Day

After climbing the ruins in Belize, this was a relaxing day. I snorkeled for the first time and enjoyed the beautiful waters. I loved coming over on the Magic chairs and the view of the port.

Published 10/24/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Liberty Review
Carnival Liberty Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?