Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by marcosheller

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by marcosheller
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: marcosheller
Cruise Date: October 2013

Carnival Cruise

This was our first time traveling on Carnival. Probably would not go on Carnival again. My husband and I are not drinkers, gamblers, or dancers. It seems to us that most of the cruisers on the ship were drinkers, which is fine if that's what you're into and it seems that Carnival caters to this group of people. Going through or near the casino was disgusting to us non-smokers. The ventilation in the casino is terrible. Smoking should not be allowed indoors.

We chose to eat at the buffet for all meals.

Breakfast: the first day we got the scrambled eggs at the buffet. Both of us tried them and were pretty disgusted as they weren't real eggs. I don't even think they were egg beaters, My guess is they were powdered eggs. The 2nd day we went to the omelet station and I asked if they use real eggs, The cook said he would use them for me. So they don't use them for the average person who goes up their for an omelet. Another option for real eggs at the omelet station is they will do over-easy, over-hard eggs there for you. This is something they don't make known, but this is what we had for the rest of the week. They had plenty of good stuff to accompany the eggs.

Fruit was always good, especially the melon.

Lunch:

Salads were always stocked well. Guys burgers was great. My husband had a burger every day and one day he had a double. They had wonderful toppings also. The stirfry station was good. The deli station was good.

Dinner:

Again, salads were stocked well. One night the steak was wonderful, very tender. The carved meat wasn't always so good and the carver must be told to slice as thin as you can. On Prime Rib night, they were making such super thin slices. They could have made this at least 1/2" slices. Pretty good for the most part.

They always have little desserts for you, they were ok.

In my search for a good slice of cheesecake, I found it on my final night near the casino at a little coffee shop. If you like cheesecake, make sure you get a piece of this. It has strawberries on it and they give you a huge slice for only $2.25 (I believe). They do add the gratuity right on the receipt that you sign, that I didn't catch, so I round the bill up to $3.00 which it was well worth. I couldn't even finish it.

We also got the pizza almost every night as a little snack. The slices were pretty good. Though I think they should have them ready at all times as sometimes we had to wait about 10-15 minutes for a slice.

Entertainment:

The comedians were pretty good on the family friendly nights. We had to leave on the adult comedy shows as their was way too much foul language going on that we didn't appreciate.

The last night show where they cruisers singing in the show was pretty good, especially the guy who sang Garth Brooks, he was fantastic.

It was very smooth sailing. We enjoyed the Serenity area for lounging in the sun. It was very quiet and no kids are allowed in that area.

Publication Date: 10/24/13