Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by marcosheller: Carnival Cruise

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Cruise

Sail Date: October 2013

This was our first time traveling on Carnival. Probably would not go on Carnival again. My husband and I are not drinkers, gamblers, or dancers. It seems to us that most of the cruisers on the ship were drinkers, which is fine if that's what you're into and it seems that Carnival caters to this group of people. Going through or near the casino was disgusting to us non-smokers. The ventilation in the casino is terrible. Smoking should not be allowed indoors.

We chose to eat at the buffet for all meals.

Breakfast: the first day we got the scrambled eggs at the buffet. Both of us tried them and were pretty disgusted as they weren't real eggs. I don't even think they were egg beaters, My guess is they were powdered eggs. The 2nd day we went to the omelet station and I asked if they use real eggs, The cook said he would use them for me. So they don't use them for the average person who goes up their for an omelet. Another option for real eggs at the omelet station is they More will do over-easy, over-hard eggs there for you. This is something they don't make known, but this is what we had for the rest of the week. They had plenty of good stuff to accompany the eggs.

Fruit was always good, especially the melon.

Lunch:

Salads were always stocked well. Guys burgers was great. My husband had a burger every day and one day he had a double. They had wonderful toppings also. The stirfry station was good. The deli station was good.

Dinner:

Again, salads were stocked well. One night the steak was wonderful, very tender. The carved meat wasn't always so good and the carver must be told to slice as thin as you can. On Prime Rib night, they were making such super thin slices. They could have made this at least 1/2" slices. Pretty good for the most part.

They always have little desserts for you, they were ok.

In my search for a good slice of cheesecake, I found it on my final night near the casino at a little coffee shop. If you like cheesecake, make sure you get a piece of this. It has strawberries on it and they give you a huge slice for only $2.25 (I believe). They do add the gratuity right on the receipt that you sign, that I didn't catch, so I round the bill up to $3.00 which it was well worth. I couldn't even finish it.

We also got the pizza almost every night as a little snack. The slices were pretty good. Though I think they should have them ready at all times as sometimes we had to wait about 10-15 minutes for a slice.

Entertainment:

The comedians were pretty good on the family friendly nights. We had to leave on the adult comedy shows as their was way too much foul language going on that we didn't appreciate.

The last night show where they cruisers singing in the show was pretty good, especially the guy who sang Garth Brooks, he was fantastic.

It was very smooth sailing. We enjoyed the Serenity area for lounging in the sun. It was very quiet and no kids are allowed in that area. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

City Tour

(2)

Once we got to the port, after a 20 minute tender ride, we walked around and had lots of salespeople trying to sell us tours. The first one was charging $40 for the city tour, we then walked a little further and another guy was charging $30, we told him that was too expensive, so he dropped the price to $20 each, and he said don't tell anyone you got it for $20. There were locals outside the fence holding signs through the fence saying come on tour with me, that was a little scary as they were not allowed to come into the "cruising shopping area". We got on the little volkswagon van that basically had the roof cut off and has straw roofs. We had a pretty good tour guide, he spoke the whole 1.5 hours. The city tour wasn't too impressive, nothing much really to see. They had soldiers in the street with their rifles to help control the crime. We were very unimpressed with Belize as we heard this was a beautiful place.

We got off the ship right at a dock. We stayed in the cruise shopping area and did some shopping and there were lots of photo opportunities.

Read 3121 Cozumel Reviews

Took a tender to land. Walked around the local area for shopping. All the shopping started being the same at all the different ports of call.

No tenders needed here. Had about a 15 minute walk to get to the beach. Very nice beach.

Read 1650 Roatan Reviews