Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by burpet: Great time on the Dream

Carnival Dream 5
burpet
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Great time on the Dream

Sail Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

This was our 7th Carnival cruise but our 1st on the Dream. We loved this ship and didn't feel crowded on board. It is a beautiful ship with an excellent layout. The dining room has very good food and the service was excellent. We had the My Time dining and it worked out fine. We ate one evening at the premium Steak house, which was very good, but in my opinion, not worth the extra fee of $35. The Lido buffet area needs some help since this area gets the most crowds. Carnival can do a better job here, with keeping place setting stocked, coffee and cups available, beverages, ice and food from running out or not having enough of the above items. I was disappointed that The Dream did not have Guy's Burger place after reading so much about it. The grill had good burgers, but I am expecting Guys Burgers to be Top Shelf.

The seven day cruise was fine although I enjoy longer cruises and the 2 days at sea was perfect. The port of Costa Maya was a brief stay until 2:00 PM, not sure why More Carnival can't stay here longer or eliminate Belize. Cozumel and Roatan were excellent. I have been to both numerous times and find them extremely safe and friendly. The large Screen by the pool is showing it's age and has many dead spots. I'm sure Carnival has the budget to fix it. I enjoyed watching the moves at night by the pool, was a nice touch. I enjoyed the DJ by the pool in place of the bands. The bands are fun, but just when you start to enjoy them they take a break.

RCL has a better frequent cruiser plan than Carnival's VIFP. I am a GOLD member but didn't see any benefit. RCL provides a coupon book with actual savings and free drinks. This was an excellent vacation and will be back again on Carnival Less

Published 10/24/13