Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by peachcreamsicle

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by peachcreamsicle
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Liberty
Member Name: peachcreamsicle
Cruise Date: September 2013

Horrid Vacation, Buyer Beware!

I read some other reviews before posting here and I have great difficulty believing that we are talking about the same cruise. I suppose the Carnival Liberty is an alright vacation if you have exceptionally low standards and even lesser taste. The ship definitely has a booze cruise / white trash feel, particularly the lido deck. I spent more time on the Serenity deck but had to constantly wear headphones to defend against the onslaught of rowdy, drunk cruisers and the DJ blasting such classics as "Party Rock Anthem." Definitely not the relaxing feel I wanted. I really wished there had been a covered deck area on board for those of us hoping to avoid future melanoma.

The gym was okay but I was disappointed to learn that there is an additional fee for classes. I went super early so I had ample choice of machines. The running track was nice for speed walking as well. I had little else to do throughout the day since most on board activities include buying either ripoff art or jewelry. Oh and posing for those horrendous cruise photos. I never stopped to pose for those because the last thing I wanted was a photographic evidence that I'd been on this ship.

The food was not any better. The buffet was crowded and left much to be desired in terms of choice and quality. The utensils are wrapped in some sort of dirty, blue linen closely resembling an oil change rag. By the third day I'd resorted to almost exclusively ordering my meals from room service. I think I ate more PB & J sandwiches that I did in third grade. The room service was slow and food was often cold on arrival. One time there was a lipstick stain on a glass of apple juice I'd ordered. Pretty much thought I'd puke. I dined in the MDR once and my supposedly "medium rare" steak was practically charred. Did not return as food quality did not warrant the long waits and depressing interaction with the wait staff.

The Western Caribbean itinerary is absolutely horrid. Belize City is a humid, sweltering dump. Roatan consists of watching obese Americans ride a cable car over to an unimpressive beach. In Cozumel, I did the excursion to the Tulum ruins. That was a pretty "meh" experience as well. Cayman has gotten tons of mileage out of Seven Mile Beach but that was crowded and overpriced. I personally much prefer Eastern and Southern itineraries. Live and learn I guess!

Publication Date: 10/24/13