Carnival Glory Cruise Review by LaRob

Member Name: LaRob
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Norfolk
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Glory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Never bored.

I had a great time.

Pros:

Great Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director. They worked well together and really created a "fun" atmosphere.

Room with balcony. The room had outdated decor, but I loved the balcony. The shower had great water pressure. I wear earplugs at night, so I did not notice any noise issues.

Variety of activities. It is impossible to be bored on this ship. There is always something to do if you are willing to try it.

Loved the water slide. Even grandmothers were using it.

Loved the putt-putt (free) and the jogging track.

I enjoyed the ports. Nassau is very easy to get around, so I did not book an excursion. Instead, I took a carriage ride, then walked to the Queen's Stairs and Fort. Then, I took a taxi to Cabbage Beach. I walked a loooong way to the "cove" on Cabbage Beach and snorkeled. Then, I took a taxi back to the port and had dinner. In Freeport, I did the Western Heritage & Snorkel Tour. That was awesome.

Disembarkment was easy and orderly.

Cons:

The water is rough outside of Virginia and the Carolinas. I had to take Dramamine.

The food in the dining room was iffy, so-so. I actually like the food on the deck (like the pizza and burrito bar) better.

I'm not sure if it is a pro or con that there were a lot of drunk people on this cruise. (I'm not a drinker.) But I was pleased that I never saw puke, trash, or disorderly conduct. The cruise was able to keep a nice balance of "fun" without it turning into chaos.

Publication Date: 10/24/13