“Never bored.”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

LaRob Carnival Glory 5 Never bored.
LaRob
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I had a great time.

Pros:

Great Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director. They worked well together and really created a "fun" atmosphere.

Room with balcony. The room had outdated decor, but I loved the balcony. The shower had great water pressure. I wear earplugs at night, so I did not notice any noise issues.

Variety of activities. It is impossible to be bored on this ship. There is always something to do if you are willing to try it.

Loved the water slide. Even grandmothers were using it.

Loved the putt-putt (free) and the jogging track.

I enjoyed the ports. Nassau is very easy to get around, so I did not book an excursion. Instead, I took a carriage ride, then walked to the Queen's Stairs and Fort. Then, I took a taxi to Cabbage Beach. I walked a loooong way to the "cove" on Cabbage Beach and snorkeled. Then, I took a taxi back to the port and had dinner. In Freeport, I did the Western Heritage & Snorkel Tour. That was awesome.

Disembarkment was easy and orderly.

Cons:

The water is rough outside of Virginia and the Carolinas. I had to take Dramamine.

The food in the dining room was iffy, so-so. I actually like the food on the deck (like the pizza and burrito bar) better.

I'm not sure if it is a pro or con that there were a lot of drunk people on this cruise. (I'm not a drinker.) But I was pleased that I never saw puke, trash, or disorderly conduct. The cruise was able to keep a nice balance of "fun" without it turning into chaos.

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8420
Room 8420 was great. It was close to the stairs and elevators, but quiet. There is a dining room above this room, but I did not hear any noise.

Snorkeling

Western Heritage & Snorkel Tour included snorkeling. We say an eagle ray. Very impressive.

Snorkeling

Western Heritage & Snorkel Tour was awesome. It has a lot of variety. The snorkeling was my favorite part. I would recommend it.

Port

I took a carriage ride for a quick tour of the port. (They will offer a lower rate if you refuse their first price.)
Then, I walked, touring the nonprofit museum, Queen's Stairs, and fort. (You can walk to these historical sites from the cruise ship.)
Then, I got a taxi to Cabbage Beach ($4 per person). I walked and walked and walked to the "cove" at the end of the beach. The water is calm and beautiful there. I snorkeled and swam.
Then, I caught a taxi to the port. I had dinner on land.
Then, finally, I went back to the boat... I was exhausted in a good way. It was fun.

Read 4,127 Nassau Reviews
Published 10/24/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?