Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by anitamarshall: Cruisin Country 3

Cruisin Country 3

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

I did a 7 night Cruisin Country 3 country music cruise on Rhapsody of the seas. The entertainment on board was totally amazing - Lee Kernaghan, Troy Cassar-Daley, Amber Lawrence, Adam Harvey, Gina Jeffreys, Bluegrass All Stars, Simply Bushed, Pixie, Luke Austen and the list goes on and on.

My tips are as follows:-

There was an all inclusive drinks package which is great value if you plan on having a few drinks because drinks are between $6-$11 each (or more) depending on what you are drinking. Each person in your cabin over 18 must get the drink package which on our cruise was $55 per day including house wine, beers, and lower shelf spirits (so rum, jd, bourbon etc) -so if one person is getting it the other adults need to get it unless there is a medical certificate to state they cant drink from your doctor. I decided not to get it because the wine that is included in the package is only chardonnay and I don’t like that plus I don’t drink very much More anyway, - I love a champagne or 2 then a wine with dinner and maybe a bourbon after dinner but that’s about all '" I probably had about 4 drinks a day max except for 1 day when I had a few more and ended up drunk '" hahaha

Water Package  when you get on board there is an optional water package you can buy but i feel that is a waste of money- the bottled water on board is very expensive and there is no need for it '" there are free drinking water stations in all of the resturants and you can get free glass of water at any of the bars. You can also order room service water to your room (glass of water is free, bottle of water is expensive). Also, they have a soft drink package for about $5 a day '" if you drink a lot of coke and that type of thing its probably worth it '" one of the girls i was travelling with got that and felt it was good value '" I don’t drink soft drink so I didn’t get it. There is free soft drink stations in all the restaurants too so you can also get those- Tania but they are not brand names and more like cordial but for the kids they are probably fine. There is also free ice cream stations too for the kids (and adults '" lol).

You can take 2 bottles of wine on board with you if you want to '" you cant take any beer or spirits '" you can also get a bucket of ice delivered to your room at any time and they will also top up the ice.

Isle of Pines gorgeous spot '" I would probably take your own snorkeling gear if you are going there if you think you would want to be snorkeling as its pretty expensive to hire

During the day it was warm and you we didnt need any winter type of clothes but at night around the pool where they have a lot of the entertainment it can get really cold so just take a warm jacket for that.

NOumea  don’t book any of the day tours on the ship '"t hey are all available when you get off the shuttle bus in downtown noumea for less than half the price '" we did a 1 hour sightseeing tour which was great and had 2 stops for photos

Seasickness  I didn’t get seasick but a lot of people did on the first few days when cruising out of Sydney '" they have seasick tablets on board from Guest services if you do get sick so I probably wouldn’t worry about taking any with me next time

I took Bosistos Eucalyptus Spray and sprayed my room every day so that it killed any germs coming through the air conditioning

I take a probiotic on any holidays to stop any gastro bugs '" I have never ever got sick on a holiday whereas a lot of people seem to including quite a few people on this cruise.

Take 2 pairs of swimmers '" because the cabins are air conditioned the wet ones didn’t dry out too well.

There is a hairdryer on board so don’t worry about taking one as apparnelty your own are too high voltage for the ship anyway.

You will need an adaptor for phone chargers and things or they do sell them on board too Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>