Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by guyien: Good News....Bad News Regarding Regent Seven Seas Voyager

guyien
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Seven Seas Voyager Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Good News....Bad News Regarding Regent Seven Seas Voyager

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

This is a brief recap of my assessment of the aforementioned cruise on the Voyager that started on October 6, 2013 and ended October 13, 2013.

1. The crew and staff were very professional and provided excellent service. They appeared to take ownership of the cruise and displayed a desire to ensure all passengers were pleased, as though each crew member was responsible for the satisfaction of the passengers. Very commendable.

2. The food was quite good at all venues, including the specialty restaurants.

3. The room service provided by our butler and steward was good.

4. The condition of our suite was quite disappointing. The furniture was tired looking. The condition of the lanai furniture (padded seats) was deplorable (stains and dirt). I found screws that were loose on the hinges of the lavette bathroom door.

5. The most disconcerting issue was the foul smell (sewage) coming from the main shower and lavette toilet in our suite. Both the More butler and steward were alerted of this situation twice and attempted to resolve it to no avail. We talked to other passengers who voiced similar experience.

6. The wireless internet system on the ship is sub-standard. When I cruise, it is essential that I am able to conduct business via the internet. All week long I had difficulty maintaining connection and/or the connection speed was agonizingly slow. This was reported to the ship's General Manager who did follow-through and alerted the Internet Manager who left a voice message giving some "helpful hints”. The problems of connecting from the suite were never remedied.

7. The Cruise Director was acceptable but certainly nothing out of the ordinary. In my estimation, he did very little to invigorate the guests.

8. The entertainment on board was quite good. My wife and I attended each show and were impressed with the level of talent.

9. The carpeting in the public areas of the ship was in horrible condition. There were stains just about everywhere you looked.

10. The side tours were adequate at best.

11. The embarkation and disembarkation process was well coordinated and very efficient.

My wife and I have been on a number of cruises from which we are able to draw comparisons. Though we understand the Voyager was destined for refurbishment at the end of our cruise, the experience with Regent Seven Seas would have been greatly enhanced if we had not encountered the aforementioned problems and in particular, the repulsive smell that prevailed in the suite. A more responsible cruise line would have closed the suite to passengers until such time as the problems were resolved. I am sure the folks who preceded us in cabin 916 experienced the same problems. Not a good way to run a business, especially a cruise line.

Like good restaurants, there are plenty of good cruise lines and ships to choose from. There may be no "perfect cruise” but unfortunately our experience with Regent Seven Seas did not match our expectations. Less

Read more Seven Seas Voyager cruise reviews >>