Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by hapytobehr

Cruise Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Nice Time!

I will start by saying that embarkation was a breeze. We arrived around noon dropped our luggage with the porter and parked in the garage adjacent to the terminal. We headed to the arrival desk to check in which took about 10 minutes. We were then given a ticket with a group number (10) which also took about 10 minutes and then headed onto the ship.

The longest wait was the line for the Ultimate Beverage Package which we realized we could have gotten on the pool deck and not waited as long. We decided to purchase the package which probably made us drink more than we would have without it. Still, after figuring what it would have cost us without it, it was worth it.

Our room was ready when we got onto the ship about 1:30 so we went up to drop off our carry ons. We had a balcony cabin, forward aft and was pleasantly surprised that it was a decent size. The only "bad" part of the room, I felt, was the 1980's "box TV" that was set on a shelf in the corner of the room. I have enough trouble seeing a 52" screen let alone one that was barely 10". I was told however, that they have the new TV's on board and they are being replaced daily.

We went up to the buffet to have lunch and was crowded but not a long wait and the food was good. We went out to the pool deck and waited to attend the muster drill at 4:30.

My husband and I have not been on a cruise since 2010 so we were quite surprised that we did not have to bring our life vests to the drill which took about 20 minutes.

We went back to the pool deck for sail away and the music was great and it was fun. We met some some people who we drank with and had a lot of fun.

About 7:30 PM we went up to the room to get changed to have dinner and actually wound up "passing out" and slept until the next morning!

We arrived in Great Stirrup Cay by 7 AM (tendered) and got off the ship around 9:30 AM and spent most of the day on the beach. The island is really nice and the water was perfect (although my husband thought it was cold). One thing I would highly recommend is bring water shoes. The entrance to the water is quite rocky and hard to walk. I wound up wearing my flip flops to go into the water. They had the usual barbecue on the island and the food was good and plentiful. My husband although did say that the chicken was a little dry.

The next day we docked in Nassau and decided to take a cab to see Atlantis. It really is a beautiful hotel but if you want to see anything you have to pay and it is expensive. We only stayed about an hour and played a little in the casino and then went back to the ship and hung out by the pool.

That night we did go to the show and it was very entertaining.

To sum it all up, the buffet was good but we did wind up going to the main dining room (Crossings) and enjoyed the food and the service was excellent.

Disembarkation was as easy as embarkation as we kept our luggage and got off the ship first thing in the morning. We decided to skip breakfast (God knows we had enough food for the weekend!) and headed home.

We will definetly take this cruise again when we need a quick getaway, plus I want to see those new TV's!!!!

Publication Date: 10/23/13