Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Greenesailor: A pleasant Surprise

A pleasant Surprise

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

I had been very skeptical about sailing on Carnival after all of their problems. But, I was pleasantly surprised with the ship, the Charleston port, the food and the ports of call! The ship is older and smaller but it was very clean and well maintained. The port was very easy to get into and out of and I was glad to have my car stored inside a warehouse. The food and service inside the celebration dining room was fantastic! Rolly was an excellent waiter! This was a girl's trip and we always felt safe even on the islands.

Freeport was a little sketchy but we took a taxi/van to the Grand Lucayan and it was absolutely beautiful! We enjoyed our day there in their infinity pool and ocean! The cost was only $15 per day.

Nassau was a very busy port and we took a city bus to the Sheraton Resort for the day. It was also beautiful and the price was only $30 per day (including towels and floats and paddle boards) They did not have enough floats for everyone but we used floats More for an hour. Food was a little pricey.

One disappointment was the entertainment. The shows were not up to par. I have sailed Celebrity and Royal Carribean and I was disappointed in all of the shows. The variety was lacking and the quality was not very good.

Our room was small but we made it work. We had three women in an ocean view room. I was afraid I would be claustrophobic without a balcony but I was not at all!

Overall, A great cruise! I would definitely sail Carnival again. Less

Published 10/23/13

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review:

The room was small for three women with lots of toiletries, clothes and shoes. But, for a couple, I think it would be fine. Beds were comfortable. Bring a surge protector or extension cord. There is only one outlet!!! We took an over the door hanging storage unit and it helped tremendously! I had taken one on other cruises and never used it!

Member Since 2012
81 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X