Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Ed73: Excellent ports, friendly staff, good ship, but ....

Ed73
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Mediterranean Cruises

Excellent ports, friendly staff, good ship, but ....

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

If you want to get a first Impression about the main historic european sites in a short time ( one day in each City), then this is your cruise. NCL has chosen a great itinerary for their 12 days "Great mediterrranean Cruise". Don´t Forget to make Notes while you go to all these places because at the end you will be overwhelmed from all the impressions and most likely would like to come back to some of those sites.

Given its age the ship is still "up to date". The staff in almost every area is very friendly and helpful and provide you with excellent and friendly Service.

The size of the cabin was adequate for this journey but the bathroom badly needs renovation. The cabin staff was outstanding. But do not book Cabin Numbers 9180 - 9188 because those are below the children playground and you will have noise up to 7 p.m. when this places Closes. If you think that it will be quiet then, then you will soon afterwards hear the noise from the theater performance. This More lasts then until 11 p.m. and at 3 a.m. the staff does the cleaning of the childrens playground and you have again noise until almost 4 a.m. Complaints did not help and the staff at the reception reacted according to the number of complaints you brought forward. One or two complains give you a promise to "see what we can do". With three or four complains you get a bottle of wine and if you complain every day, then you will receive a 200$ credit for your next cruise. - This is not the way how Problems should be handled.

When I stood in line to compain I met a Person who told me that I shold be lucky because her has a room below the "blue lagoon 24 hour Restaurant and he has noise in his cabin all night Long Therefore I suggest that you should be very careful when you chose your cabin. Because of that I left the ship frustrated and I still wait to hear from NCL after I forwarded this. If I don´t hear back from them, then I will no longer chose NCL.

The Food and ist variety is however not as I expected. In the main ( Windows-) restaurant the food was too cold when served (under plastic microwave covers!) and was really not something Special. The specialty Restaurants had excellent Food and it was served with the right temperature. The buffet reminded me of my Company´s Cafeteria. So, overall there could be a major improvement in the "food section".

The evening shows were certainly another highlight during this cruise and some of the Shows had been even spectacular.

The (saltwater-) pool was not heated and therefore cold in the morning but OK in the afternoon when the sun warmed up the water. The pool area was nice and clean and the staff made sure that everything is in order. The "beer garden" is just a Hamburger and saussage place serving also Sauerkraut. But don´t expect to see what you normally get in a beer garden.

The other palces on the ship were OK but not worth to highlight positive or negative. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>