Tere Moana Cruise Review by Philcruiser: It does not get any worse than this!!!!

Philcruiser
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Tere Moana Greece Cruises

It does not get any worse than this!!!!

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Greece
Embarkation: Venice

Over the past 40 years I have traveled on a wide range of cruise ships....this being the worst cruise ship experience of my life...and for the money, most of my fellow passengers felt as though we had been "had" or cleverly duped by Paul Gauguin Cruises. I love to meet new people on cruises so I would try to sit at different people during meal times. By the end of the cruise all of the people I traveled with and met on the cruise (around 30) either wrote letters of complaint or returned ship surveys complaining. In return we received cookie-cutter letters telling us that there were only three letters of complaint and that most of the people on the cruise sent letters praising the cruise. From the first day, we felt there was something terribly wrong. Two of the staff even hinted that they were not entirely prepared to sail.

The cruise director, officers, and staff were not professionally trained as seen in their social interactions communications, and dress. The two people I More had knew on board and I felt uncertain and a bit uncomfortable at times especially when we saw some staff maintenance members rushing about at sea, as if there was an emergency.

The food was awful! If it didn't taste like it came out of a can, it was stale or improperly cooked. A few years a go I was forced to eat at Denny's because I was stuck in a small town.

That's how I felt on the Terre Moana....I was stuck on this ship and forced to eat the tough meat, cold soups, wilted salads, and stale breads until I got into port to have a decent meal. I don't think there was a professionally trained chef on board! Actually the food at Denny's was better.

The entertainment was a HUGE disaster, so much so that it actually made most people feel very uncomfortable. After the second night most people did not show up for evening entertainment. I can go on and on how bad this experience was but it is too upsetting to continue. I am going to do everything I can to get the word out that this company Paul Gauguin is irresponsible and operates totally out of the realms of integrity!!! Most of the passengers on the cruise were professional/educated who flew across the world to take tis cruise and do not intend to let Paul Gauguin get away with this.

The only consolation was the itinerary along Croatia.

Phil Less