Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by rosewood946

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by rosewood946
Jewel of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Member Name: rosewood946
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated

Was Not Completely Satisfied with Jewel

My family and I just returned from cruising the southern caribbean on Jewel of the Seas and simply loved touring the islands. Getting on the ship was tiring. We had to wait in line in HOT sun (I am used to waiting in air conditioned room for embarkation). Sorry to say we did not enjoy some of the things on the Jewel. Beautiful ship, but food in dining room was not up to par..our head waiter tried but was very slow and kept getting food orders mixed up...Windjammer was great. The production shows were not entertaining (songs we'd never heard of). Good voices, but shows had no themes. Very boring (and there were seven of us who thought the same). Last two shows were decent, but after the first two, some of us did not attend anymore. Casino was horrible. Slots were so tight. I know they place them in there to make money, but winning just a little to play on would be nice. Our room steward was great. She did a spectacular job. Called all seven of us by name from day one, and always asked if there was anything else we needed.

One of the biggest problems on board were the unsupervised teenie boppers running around. Holding up elevators and hitting all buttons so elevators would stop at each deck. They were also very unruly on the miniature golf course.

My next comment is on the fitness center. Our group had three young women who are very much into fitness. When they visited the center, there were trainers there, but instead of talking or welcoming the three women, the trainers talked among themselves. Very unwelcoming....never approaching our group.

We were somewhat surprised playing Bingo. We decided to attend one afternoon because they were giving away $500. Previously on cruises, there would be numerous games played in one session with the last one being a cover all winning the grand prize. This time we each paid $20 for our cards, just to find out there was only one game. Guess we should have checked it out a little further prior to playing.

After reading what I've written, it sounds like we had a horrible time, but we didn't. Touring the islands was fascinating and we enjoyed all the shore excursions that we participated in. Would I travel with Royal Caribbean again....definately, but I don't think I would want to go on the Jewel again.

Publication Date: 10/22/13