Golden Princess Cruise Review by tdcspru: From Great to horrible

From Great to horrible

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

This was our third cruise, second on a ship of Carnival corp.

Getting aboard was particularly easy, as my wife (79 yo) and myself were taken aboard by wheelchair though we are both ambulatory.

Our cabin was ready, clean, spacious, and had the nicest cabin steward. The balcony was sufficient with a small table and two chairs.

Disembarking and embarking at ports o' call was organized and facile. Organized tours were well planned and well conducted.

My 79 y.o. wife took a fall in one of the dining rooms during a sales event. Half the dining room was unlit because the sales were being conducted on the other side. One staff member offered my wife a chair, and another suggested she "get up and move out of the way."

Post cruise, we received billing for $23.00 per day gratuity. We had rewarrded service handsomely and did not feel this "gratuity" was called for. Our request for reimbursement was denied as their representative said...."The money has More already been distributed." I guess recent costs suffered by Costa Concodia, Carnival Triumph, and other properties of this corporation have been more severe than we thought. Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>