Aurora Cruise Review by annetteom

Member Name: annetteom
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Mediterranean
See More About: Aurora Cruise Reviews | Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
        3-6 4.0

Ship Facts: Aurora Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Aurora Deck Plans
Love it or hate it?

My husband loved it, I hated it.

It was our first cruise with our two children (age five and three). My husband loved the choice of food, the balcony, the smoothness of the ship, the formal dinners. I disliked the old people who were totally rude about our very well behaved daughters. I disliked the overt "British" feel of everything. All the food was geared towards old peoples tastes in the formal dining rooms. I hated lining up for my food in a gigantic canteen while my husband hunted with countless others for a table to become vacant, it felt like a prison.

The waiting staff were a credit to their (mostly) Goan origins, attentive, professional, charming and courteous.

The Children's Club was great. Our daughters really enjoyed attending and their portfolios at the end of the ten day trip showed just how much they had done - loads!

I thought the ports were, with the exception of Cadiz, pretty rubbish. Malaga, Vigo, Lisbon are seriously among the most boring cities on earth...they're just ports.

I don't think it offers particular good value for money and I can't imagine taking another cruise...until I'm an octogenarian!

Publication Date: 10/22/13