Aurora Cruise Review by annetteom: Love it or hate it?

annetteom
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 4.0

Love it or hate it?

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

My husband loved it, I hated it.

It was our first cruise with our two children (age five and three). My husband loved the choice of food, the balcony, the smoothness of the ship, the formal dinners. I disliked the old people who were totally rude about our very well behaved daughters. I disliked the overt "British" feel of everything. All the food was geared towards old peoples tastes in the formal dining rooms. I hated lining up for my food in a gigantic canteen while my husband hunted with countless others for a table to become vacant, it felt like a prison.

The waiting staff were a credit to their (mostly) Goan origins, attentive, professional, charming and courteous.

The Children's Club was great. Our daughters really enjoyed attending and their portfolios at the end of the ten day trip showed just how much they had done - loads!

I thought the ports were, with the exception of Cadiz, pretty rubbish. Malaga, Vigo, Lisbon are seriously among the More most boring cities on earth...they're just ports.

I don't think it offers particular good value for money and I can't imagine taking another cruise...until I'm an octogenarian! Less

Read more Aurora cruise reviews >>