Celebrity Century Cruise Review by ddblnickels: Pacific Coastal Cruise Sept 26th 2013

ddblnickels
Member Since 2010

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Century British Columbia Cruises

Pacific Coastal Cruise Sept 26th 2013

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: British Columbia
Embarkation: Vancouver

This was our 4th cruise with Celebrity and I always considered them the best. Not anymore.

I was greatly disappointed in the service and activities on board.

1st night at early sitting dinner (6 p.m) was told that we were late and dinner was now at 5:30, we apologised

for being late. Supper seemed to take forever with never a smile,

Next night arrived at exactly 5:30 and had the same reaction. No smiles just business as usual. My husband asked for a coffee and was ignored for 45 min. We left before dessert came as we wanted to go to the show. We had a table with only four and it just seemed that we were invisible to this waiter. My husband is a very

tolerant man and for him to leave was very surprising. He never complains about anything. His motto "just make the best out of it"

I then went and had our table changed and everything was wonderful for the rest of the cruise. I know I should have done it after day one.

After More gratuities were confirmed on Oct.4th service changed, I asked a clerk to retrieved a figurine from a glass encased window as it was the only one left and was told to go down 1 deck and get another store clerk to bring up the key to open it ( I have a cane and walking can be somewhat difficult) I smiled and ask nicely that he do it. He wasn't happy but he did it.

Food was somewhat limited at the buffet on last full day and on disembarkation day was no better.

Some elevators did not work the whole time we were there.

Our safety drill was a joke! We were sent to the casino and there were so many people , elbow to elbow that we couldn't hear or see anything that the one crew member ( I think there was only one ) was doing or saying. It went on for at least 45 minutes and people were angry and leaving before it was finished. I wondered at the time if this is how a disaster would be like in real time. I sure hope not. I have never encountered a drill like that before.

The crew took the brunt of the people's anger and for them I felt sorry.

Activities were somewhat sparse. It looked like they rolled up the carpet by 10 p.m.

They need a new cruise director.

On the good side. The ship was spotless. embarkation and disembarkation was o.k.. Cabin was great.

Solving our dinner problem was good. Loved the port of calls .BUT it was not the Celebrity that I have recommended to many friends over the years.

So sadly I will say goodbye the Celebrity Cruise Lines, Less