Scenic Pearl Cruise Review by BMWDvr: No more Ocean Cruises

No more Ocean Cruises

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Amsterdam

After 23 Ocean cruises we decided to give River Cruising a chance as many of our friends were raving about it. We accidentally discovered Scenic Cruises, an Australian company that wasn't marketing in the US - yet!

We chose the 14 night Rhine / Moselle itinerary and I would highly recommend it. I won't bore you with the day to day details other than to say the smaller towns were the best part - Trier, Bernkastle, Rudeshiem, Cochem - were all fascinating and by far the best part of the cruise. The Scenic Enrich tour program was great. The guides were top notch, when we needed transportation the coaches were first class and the best part was the E-Bikes which we rode frequently on the river.

Scenic's ships are simply wonderful. The cabins are a bit small for folks used to a large cabin on a megaship but quite well laid out and eminently comfortable. When Scenic says "all inclusive" they really mean it. After 14 days my final bill was 30 Euro's. 20 for a very nice More Scenic knit Polo shirt and 10 for a hat. No another penny for anything.

Everyone always wants to know about the food We found it very good, and well presented. Scenic has a wonderful lunch buffet each day and a full 4 course sit down dinner at night. For picky people like me they even fixed a great cheeseburger one night when the waiter asked what I'd like for dinner! That's just typical of the level of service provided.

For anyone considering a River Cruise, I would highly recomment looking at Scenic. For the record this is the first time I've ever written a review and the main reason I did was the total lack of information I found on the internet when I started my search.

Happy Cruising,

Conrad Less

Published 10/21/13

Read more Scenic Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Scenic Pearl Review >>

Cabin review:

Excellent layout for the small size. The best part was a real Balcony - with a sliding window that could be closed in inclement weather and that was a lifesaver.

BMWDvr
Member Since 2003
152 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?