Paul Gauguin Cruise Review by Capri73: Very Disappointed

Very Disappointed

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Tahiti (Papeete)

This cruise was a major disappointment.To start it was a 40th anniversary so a very special time for us.

So many things went wrong I do not know where to start.

Our cabin steward at first was excellent as the trip progressed her service became poor Reg.Towels &Beach towels were not replaced.Had to ask for soap ,.Not a deal breaker but annoying.

On 2 or 3 separate occasions we asked the travel desk about beaches we could go to on our own.We did not want to take a local bus preferred to just walk to one.Each time we were told no .3 times we found beaches on our own just a few minute walk from where the tender docked.

If you need shade this is not the ship for you.Fighting for a chair became a daily chore.The large chairs in the shade were taken up for sleeping.

Food was sub par and wine was in our opinion horrible.I am not a wine snob by any means so an average wine would do.These did not.Food was again in our opinion tasteless.When asked More the answer was we canter to an older crowd so we cook to them.I found this insulting.

Did except much for entertainment and was not disappointed.The Crew put on a Fantastic show one night.They were the highlight of the trip.Staff in general were all great.

The hotels they use definitely need improvement.I know this is FP not the States so again I did not expect much.The IC could have been nice.Breakfast buffetts were delicious dinner were not.

Our room was musty and in major need of repair.Remind you this was an over the water bungalow which we paid extra for.They did try to help.

The Radisson on the other hand was a no star hotel.PG should be ashamed to put anyone in this hotel.It was dirty broken chairs around the pool and a mangy cat on our balcony.This was a day room.I was afraid to touch anything.

When we returned we talked to our travel agent.She asked us to write a letter to explain what the trip was like.We got a basic form letter from the President Diane.This said sorry we did not live up to your expectations.We were not asking for a trip credit but she just did not care.They have a monopoly on this destination.If they don't care about their guests that is a red flag in my book.Be cautious.Cannot recommend.Not worth the money. Less

Read more Paul Gauguin cruise reviews >>